The DAY has come,......Project WASBUG

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinkin boing boing boing go the headlights if mounted on springs. I'm sure you mean leaf springs, but unless they were real short or braced at the bottom , they might want to spring even with those headlights on them. Cool idea though

coil springs

I thought about they might bounce but thought maybe if the leafs are welded it might stiff them up.
You got me thinking of coil springs for my tail light mounts now,...just kiddin'

thanks

Thank ya Blacksheep, Mr. Gusset come on up for the Good old day's car show, I'll follow you over you can be my support vechile incase anything falls off my heep.

Heather wanted me to pull the wheels off the ground for the video, but I had to tell her about the front end we put on my old T bucket and I don't think my welds would survive the abuse,....

2nd test run,...

2nd test run, everything seems to working.

Oh yeah repainted door logo the wife's running for office,...LOOK OUT!

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 42
added something,..

my little stinger exhaust tip is a little loud so I put a flapper on it made from a belt buckle,...

Attachments

• flapper.jpg
    flapper.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 19
  • flapper2.jpg
    flapper2.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 25
gotta do more drawings

Just checking out what I started with, my drawing of what I wanted to build and what I ended up with.

now to draw out some plans for a carson top,...hmmm what will I use. I think I can reuse the original rear window on this top.

Attachments

• 2010_0815vwfest20100292.JPG
    2010_0815vwfest20100292.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 13
  • 2010_0815vwfest20100288.JPG
    2010_0815vwfest20100288.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 13
  • compare1.jpg
    compare1.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 15
Heather would have my vote. :p

Those big headlights really set it off - I was very skeptical at first, but they look great!
If you did put the brake lights on coils, it would at least get the attention of the cell phone idiots - kinda like the cycles with strobe brakes.

Latest posts

Back