The more the day went on the More I fell into!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

51Cards

picked up one of these for $650. It's not going to be a traditional or Rat BUT I decided this is what the Hemi will go into and I will Pro Street it. Anyone got some really big rims & tires for sale?

Last edited:
postal jeeps

Those things are gold IMO,if your looking to build an off-roader. They are one of very few early jeeps to have a totally boxed frame. The spring perches are set wider than the CJs, meaning more stability. Super strong Dana 60 rear. Oh yeah, and plenty of engine bay:) The hardest part is finding a front wheel drive axle with the same gears. (really not that hard)

you could have alot of fun with this girl.

Those things are gold IMO,if your looking to build an off-roader. They are one of very few early jeeps to have a totally boxed frame. The spring perches are set wider than the CJs, meaning more stability. Super strong Dana 60 rear. Oh yeah, and plenty of engine bay:) The hardest part is finding a front wheel drive axle with the same gears. (really not that hard)

She's going to become a Hemi Pro Street.

very kool, will look good with big ol meats under the azz end, check out the gone postal video, a hotrod jeep, on you tube, dp1

Attachments

• jeep.jpg
    jeep.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 53

Rereading this it dawned on me to tell you this is a 2 wheel drive. and Tubbing it is going to be vewy vewy twicky!

Hey ,,don't go Postal on us trying to figure out the tubs....LOL :D

The name of this 331 hemi powered, tubed car, will be Goin' Postal the paint will be exactly like my avatar however I'm trying to figure out how to make that paint look 40 years old sounds like an air brush job for someone to me. On the other side I took my new 8.8 Mustang rear with disc brakes to the Fab shop today to be narrowed it was a tough decission but I came up with 8" axles.

REALLY SLOWWWWWWWW work going on here. I don't do cold very well...:D
The Baby Hemi is out of the Dodge and into the Engine Shop.
The interior of the jeep ( the seat ) is empty and ready for the roll bars and FX racing seats.
The 55 Dodge sits out front for sale. Though I think I may have to prime it to get it sold I may also finish it with a 383 or 440 don't know yet.
And that is all the news that's fit to print next update probably in the spring...................lol

Attachments

• Picture jeep003.jpg
    Picture jeep003.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
progress?

So how's the DJ coming along? Always looking for new ideas for mine. It's not as elaborate (killer) as yours but has a 4.3 H.O./700R4. I "pickuperized" it then chopped it 5", skirted the rockers (not really rockers) and "Mad Maxed" it a little.......it's fun to play with and you can't hurt the looks too bad

Postal Jeep

I also have one and am looking for ideas
Texas vehicle no rust
4 banger
Right hand drive
Newbie to your forum

Latest posts

Back