the slowest build in history

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikes686

i have taken all the fenders and running boards off, and i have picked up a farmall tractor grill. i am building this with a $0 budget, so its gonna be a slow build. in the meantime, my neighbor gave me a mopar 360 and im stripping off 6 layers of old paint. probably going to chop her before too long, with the cab off the frame.

Attachments

• the rat.jpg
    the rat.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 82
Good luck with the slowest build. So far I'm 4 years & counting but closing fast! [;) Welcome to the forum & please keep us posted.

BoB

Cool truck keep us updated..your budget is about the same as mine, but you already have a truck, so your way ahead of me..:D

my truck was located in a pasture, the property owners just wanted it gone. so a friend and i grabbed his trailer and hauled her home. my wife has been not so happy, ever since. on the other hand, she bought the grill off of evil-bay, she doesnt like to lose on bidding. so i'm actually $80 into it.

Nothing Wrong with a Slow Low budget build

I think we all start off trying to see how little we have to invest.... usually that fades away and you realize if you want to drive it, you gotta do what ya gotta do...... good luck with your build.....

Welcome to RRR and welcome to the slow build club........30 years into my build and I've never driven it:(:eek: Of course I haven't worked on it every day though:D
Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

thanks guys, this seems like a better forum than k.b. i have been a member for almost a year and havent seen anybody get flamed. it seems like a lot better site. thanks again for your support.

Get your wife on board and it'll go faster. Or at least get her to the point where she just rolls her eyes, shakes her head, and lets it go.

progress ...

well, this weekend (mon and tues for me), i stripped a s-load of paint, removed windshield, back glass and both doors. gonna get some scrap metal from work to brace cab and get 'er ready for the chop. im so nervous. anywhoos, heres another pic. hope you like.

Attachments

• truck 3-1-11.jpg
    truck 3-1-11.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 19
You're moving faster than me....

All I could get done this weekend was complain that I couldn't get out to the barn to work.... actually got the tailgate handle relocation done but that was a no brainer... too many honey do's.... :(

Latest posts

Back