The under $40 flat black paint job!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
I've said it B4... I'm an avid car book reader & always on the lookout for a new interesting one. Anyway... I picked up a new one (to me at least) called "World Of Rods". It has an article about flat blackin' u're ride for under 40 smackers. I thought... this can't be bad!!! Here's how it shakes out...

1) Rustoleum flat black enamel paint (1 gallon) - $26.68
2) Acetone (1 quart) - $6.98
3) Tape (1 roll) - $2.47

Total = $36.33

SWEEEEEEEEEET!!!

BoB

my buddy and i painted our 92 vw gti's in rusto satin black. the new rattle cans have a fan tip and its really easy to get a good solid consitant spray on there.
i did mine with the roller method it gave it a flatter look then the rattle can did.

I painted my 87 C10 with Rustolem High Temp Barbeque black and it turned out pretty good. Seems to be more durable than satin black but cost a couple bucks more. Be sure to thin with acetone, other thinners make Rustolem softer for some reason.

I am about to paint the back half of my 39 chevy. Do I have to put downa primer to use Rustoleum or will go on straight without any problem?

Sand your old paint with like 400 grit or 600 grit first, wash it, dry it off, paint.

Latest posts

Back