The Way it Was Thread

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is one from my scrapbook. Sorry for the picture of a picture, I have a scanner but don't know how to use it. :eek:

Don

This was taken in around 1950 or so. We made the trip from Pennsylvania to Miami every year for a vacation. This picture was taken at some Motel in Miami. That is my Sister and Mom and me (Front right) and a buddy I met at the motel.

This 48 Roadmaster was my Dad's pride and joy and my Mom totalled it when a trailer truck slammed the rear of it, spinning it around 180 degrees.

48buick005.jpg

Thought the chicken was funny

Attachments

• carlif42.jpg
    carlif42.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 58819146220966429744.jpg
    58819146220966429744.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 45
OMG!!!

Drewski, what a memory you just shot my way. One of the first really good bikes I rode was the X-6. Being an old Honda expert (at 19 yet!) I casually asked the dealer if it was one down and three up on the shifter.

Of course, he casually said one down FIVE UP! It was sold when I hit fourth, with two to go! And it weighed nothing!![cl[cl[cl

I also built and owned several of the Triumph bobbers. I like the Bonnevilles for the dual carbs.
The old pre-units were great, except when you needed to adjust the primary chain!

More......

bsa1.jpg

Take note of all the safety gear we wore back in the 60's, high speed t-shirt, racing penny loafers, skid resist white levi's.........hey at least I had on a helmet with the stylish bubble face shield.Guess we were lucky back then, never had any accidents and we had a blast. Guess it was teenager luck. The bike was a Suzuki, X-6 Hustler turned drag bike after an accident on the street.

Drewski

Here's some of the old Tripper, my 1st rides, my Moms 2 weeks B4 I was born & then my Dad (on the right) & his twin with their Harley!

BoB

Attachments

• 1stcar.jpg
    1stcar.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 13
  • chopper.jpg
    chopper.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 18
  • metrike.jpg
    metrike.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 10
  • mom.jpg