Things are looking up! I got a job!!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thunder1

Good News Guys! - After looking for a job since last May, I got a job! [cl I'll be re-locating to East Tennessee toward the end of March to begin training. I start to work in early April.

I've been waiting for months to just apply for the position because of unfinished construction on the facility [;). A few weeks ago when they announced they were finally taking applications I sent one in along with a resume and they called me Friday.

After I get settled in and start making a steady income my truck should FINALLY start to take shape. I'll definitely need to find a part time second job to just finance the truck but who's complaining? Not me!!! I've already got a good lead on that too.

Thanks for all the encouragement fella's! Things are really looking up after the toughest year of my life.

Thunder

Last edited:
This is wonderful news...[cl I know you felt a huge load coming off your sholders. Sounds like they are very impressed with your resume, they may give you a supervisery job with more money so you won't need that part time gig...here's hoping..:D

Thanks a lot guys! Yes, it feels fantastic! I'll be working in the brand new Titanic/Pigeon Forge Museum in Pigeon Forge, TN. beginning on April 8th. I report on March 28th to begin a week long training session. I've prayed hard for this to happen and well - here It is! I'm truly thankful for the opportunity. I've needed something to hope for. I've wanted to live up there for years and didn't think it could ever happen until now. Not only do I have a great job to look forward to but I'll be right there during all the huge car shows and meets and close to my brother and my buddy RPM. Ron only lives a mile away from my brother as a matter of fact. I've got a lot to do between now and then. I gotta find a place to stay up there and get my truck moved and stored along with some furniture, etc.. At least until I can afford get a real place of my own. Lots to do!!! I'll keep you guys updated!

Thunder

Last edited:
That is great news you got a job. Now how close will you be to me?

Hey Ron, how close do you want me to be?? :D Is Pigeon Forge close enough?? I'm pretty much open to living anywhere I can find at this point. :D I'd actually really like to find someplace out in Kodak or at least in the vicinity if possible? No room at my brothers place - he already has a full house. A simple room, or anything would work for a while until I get settled in the job. Please do me a huge favor if you don't mind and PM me and let me know if you know of anybody to check with or just keep an eye out for anywhere you think I might could rent fairly inexpensively. The sooner I find someplace - the better I'll feel about all this. I'm planning on coming up there soon to do some checking around myself. I'll come by then to see you. I have to be there on the 28th of March for good.

Pat

That's awesome, you'll only be about an hour from me. I went to the Titanic museum in Branson last year and really enjoyed it, I'll be down to check you out...I'm a major Titanic buff!

Good news.

Congratulations Thunder. I'm in Knoxville....contact me if I can help. Got a lot of contacts. I have a car buddy that build rods and customs in Kodak. I'll ask him about rentals in the area. Also about storage..........I'll let you know. Happy for ya.[cl

Latest posts

Back