Thinking of buying a truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlatBroke

Hostage Negotiator
Need advice on the price on this truck. no, not a Rat, just big and bad.
1999 Dodge 1 ton dually
Cummings turbo diesel
4in. pipe from turbo to the stacks
6in suspension lift (High country)
22.5 aluminum wheels on all 6 (don't remember what brand)
22.5 Double coin tires
Sirus satelite radio
1200 watt amp pushing 2 12 in. kickers under the rear seat
train horn
strobe lights all over
EGT guage on the A pillar
Bully Dog Equipped (with what all, I don't know)
Has an oil leak on the front of the motor and was told that most all of these Cummings motors were notorious for this...I have no idea on this.
PLEASE let me know what you guy think.

3 weeks ago, price posted was 14,950
Last week price posted was 13,900
SORRY GUYS, NO PIC FOR YOU YET.

Ran the Kelly Blue Book in California.

Excellant condition: $8685
Good condition: $8285
Fair condition: $7635

This was for an 3500 dually quad cab, 150K miles

Try the Kelly Blue Book for your area.

Sounds nice but I would never buy a nodded.car because I would want it to be my own and I would never buy a nodded car because.you have no idea what the people did.or.how they did it.

I like mine, but it's an antique (95) couple things you may want, extended cab is great, 4x4 maybe they are front heavy, dual wheels, hitches? oil leak could just be from filler tube I'd look, can be pan gasket, (pull motor to change) only add-on that meant anything to me was pillar monitor, I also like the stock ride height rather than "jacked-up" but to each his own, earlier models were easier on the fuel bill, (21 mpg on the flat form me, 14 to 18 with 5th wheel) injector been re-worked? trans? miles on truck? need more info, but they can pull a house.

Typical front seal leak, requires timing cover to be removed, which also requires the cam to come out.
I'm also looking at a 99 but just a 2500. I'm not at all crazy about Dodge ownership but I need something to pull a trailer with and the Cummins is it. And this one I can trade into. It is a 4x4 and has been my sisters since new. They are nose heavy and a pathetic 4x4. Driving any 4x4 Dodge is like herding pigs, you can't just set back like you do with a Chevy or Ford, you have to set right up and drive it all the time. This one is also an automatic and never did better than 18 mpg, maybe more like 17. I know some stickshift 99s that got 22-23 though.

check tranny fluid for color. they like to burn up autos. check frame for straight. if they are turned up at all and towed / hauled anything it will probably be bent. Loggers around here use them a ton but all of them wipe out trannies and bend the frames into pretzels. not so much with the comperable chevy's or fords.

Those things were really known for a dowel pin to come out of the timing gear case. Jam between the case and gear and blow a hole in the case. The gear case goes between the block and the timing gears. The cam has to come out to change that case. It is about a 20 hour job and all the parts have to come from Cummins, or Mopar. I'd check that oil leak REAL CLOSE first. The timing cover is just a flat stamped plate that goes over all that and it is easy to replace it or just the seal.

Latest posts

Back