Thinking of doing a 40 Olds, need opinions.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

62ChevyII

I found one of these:

40olds4drsedan6cyl_1classifieds2000.jpg

Thought about doing a few modifications to it and ending up something looking like this rough sketch:

40Oldssketch.jpg

Not sure my wife is too hip on the idea of a fenderless rat rod yet but it would haul more people than the old 48 Chevy truck and with 5 kids that is a plus.

The one in the photo is not the one I found... the one I found is missing some parts and is a little rougher to say the least.

I was planning to extend the wheel base and put a straight axle up front.

Since making that sketch, I have realized that it might look better with the rear fenders still on it because the well tubs in the body are so deep. I will work up another sketch with rear fenders on it soon.

What do ya'll think? It's certainly something I wouldn't have a hard time finding in the parking lot when I came out of Wal-Mart.:D

Those deep rear wells are always a problem. Almost gotta leave the rear fenders on. I went through the same thought process with my 48. Finally decided to make a rat sled of it. Pretty much a drop, chop, and section, then call it done and drive it to dust.

Latest posts

Back