This Car is the Bees Knees

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cycledog

A really rusty biker
Went to the Knuckle Scrape Rs spring hot rod bbq in Palouse Wa. today......Glad I wasn't this guy.

Attachments

• bees-knees.jpg
    bees-knees.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 214
  • bees-knees2.jpg
    bees-knees2.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 187
:eek: Wrong place at the wrong time huh! :eek: Looks like a honey bee swarm (that's when the Queen Bee leaves the hive with a group of worker bees to form a new hive) and they were probably attracted to the bright yellow paint.
If you've ever owned a yellow car you've no doubt experienced insects being attracted to it. My brother in-law used to own a bright yellow Camaro drag car and at the track when it started getting dark the moths, gnats and mosquitoes would swarm it until it would be covered with them.

That is really bizzare!! Never seen anything like that.........maybe if the car was parked for a long time, but not just for a short time like he must have been. What did they say about it?

Don

Yep we had a yellow dragster back in the day, and just like has been said. The bugs loved it. Never had that happen thank god.

That is really bizzare!! Never seen anything like that.........maybe if the car was parked for a long time, but not just for a short time like he must have been. What did they say about it?

Don

That can happen in a matter of seconds. When the Queen takes off worker bees swarm after her and they travel along in a cloud that sounds like an old '900 Kaw' at full throttle in third gear :D When she lights they light and boom the car is covered.

The bees are back this Sunday morning to the holes in my block wall.Already stung once. Waiting for the bee man now. Not going to fight them myself this year. $165.

And I was grumbling about having a squirrel problem.....

We had a farm truck with a nest of bumble bees in the cab. You drove across the field, agitated the bees, and had to jump out and run beside the truck. Not one of us would bother to clear 'em out though - kinda became a contest. [S

Don

Never did see or hear who owned the car. It was parked when I got to the show and no bees were to be seen at that time. At least they were honey bees..reletivly harmless.

I missed getting a picture of it but one of the local teen agers stood close to the car and let them cover one of his arms:cool: I personally stayed back at least five feet.... ok twenty feet.

Man that's crazy!!! I agree, insects do seem to like yellow. I had a bright yellow truck once, and it attracted bugs at a high rate. Thankfully, never a swarm of bees though. I hope nobody at the show was wearing a bright yellow shirt.

The guy parked right outside the show so he could get outa there and leave early. I left the show around 3 or so and he was still there with the passenger side door panel off vacuming up the remander of the bees.

I've never had a problem with bees, myself. Been stung by angle bees before.

It's the yellow jacket wasps, and hornets I can't stand.

update on this story.

Heard from a guy that knows the owner of this Bee hive:D After spending all

day dealing with the bees and vacuming up the stragglers, cleaning out the

bees wax from inside the door(yes in that short of period they were already

building the hive). The owner was not stung once! On the way home however

a hornet flew into the window and proceeded to sting the crap out of him. lol

Talk about a BAD DAY!!!

Heard from a guy that knows the owner of this Bee hive:D After spending all

day dealing with the bees and vacuming up the stragglers, cleaning out the

bees wax from inside the door(yes in that short of period they were already

building the hive). The owner was not stung once! On the way home however

a hornet flew into the window and proceeded to sting the crap out of him. lol