This is NOT a political rant !!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

I don't want any politics to come into this discussion because the following comments by me have nothing to do with what person you want to run the country.........it is simply about the mechanics of voting.

I feel like I am living in some third world country because of how badly the election sites are operated. I mean, we have been doing this voting thing for over 200 years and we still have these breakdowns and screwups every 4 years !!!!!! :mad: We can put a man on the moon, but we can't seem to build a reliable, simple voting system that allows every American who wants to vote easy and accurate processing of his or her vote. That is amazing considering you can walk into any 7-11 and buy a lottery ticket and immediately your choice is registered and when the balls are picked they know instantly if there were any winners and where that ticket was sold.

I stood in line for two hours today and there were some places where people stood in line longer than that. In addition, way too may scanners jammed up and too many provisional ballots had to be cast........all of which puts a cloud over the accuracy and legitimacy of the election. Here we hold up our Democratic Process as a model of what the rest of the world should do, and we can't even operate a smooth system for our own citizens to vote. :confused:

Again, this is NOT about which side is right or wrong, just about the machinery that we have in place to cast our votes. It isn't like we didn't have 4 years since the last election to iron out the bugs, or for that matter, the preceeding 200+ years. End of rant.

Don

Went smooth for me here in Iowa.

Of all places, you'd think Florida would have got their gig together this time! [S

BTW Don, glad to hear you still performed your civic duty.

here in bama we use paper and there was no line, that is another reason i love living in the county and not the city. hats off to all that voted.[cl

Me too.....3 minutes...in and out....

Took me longer to get my ID checked than it did to vote and let the ballot slide into the tabulator.....easy peasy.....[cl

Took me longer to write my name in the president blank than to decide who I wanted in the other offices ( most had one option)

We have had a few gliches here in GJ. You would think that they could come up with a better system. I once work on a site and you would get issued a key card. It would track what doors you used, going in or out, and how long the door remained open (to along and you got called into the office and asked why the door remained open)

We vote at a little country church a couple miles from home, process was smooth and easy..about 15 minutes total, but we had a full page of state questions to get through..

Thats aweful. All the hype to get people to the poles and then have em wait forever. I heard on the news there were some places that had people waiting as much as 4 hours! It was in and out in small town IL

small town in OKLA. walked in , neighbor checked me in, paper ballot, fill in blank, in the machine, out the door. 3 min tops.
Oh how I love the small town.

Just an hour north of the White House and I was in and out in about 10 minutes. I was surprised how easy it would be to vote as someone else, though. They asked me my name, my address, and I had to sign a slip. No SS number, no photo ID or anything. Hell, I could've voted a dozen times with all the inlaws I have.

Just an hour north of the White House and I was in and out in about 10 minutes. I was surprised how easy it would be to vote as someone else, though. They asked me my name, my address, and I had to sign a slip. No SS number, no photo ID or anything. Hell, I could've voted a dozen times with all the inlaws I have.

I wasn't asked for anything either..... However two of the ladies who were doing that part were friends of mines grandmas, known me since I was born...

Seriously, I have no idea how you guys breezed through like that........every polling place down here was 2-8 hours waiting in line. People were standing in the rain for hours, getting bit up by fire ants, and still they waited. Good for them.

I sure hope in the next four years they poll management gets their act together and we have it easier next time around.

Don

At my voting place there was a long line for anyone with names starting with A through L but my name starts with an M so I got to walk right in.Happyness for me.[cl[cl[cl[cl:D:D:D:D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back