this sucks

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

likes_2_tinker

Started out playing with tinker toys!
well here I go I am going to complain a little I just had my knee surgery on Wensday and being on crutches for 6 to 8 weeks and cant do a darnd thing this is the second one I have had and some time down the road I will have the first one done again because its not holding up the greatest and I am olny 24 some times it doent seem fair some people never go to the hospital and me I seem to be falling apart I have broken bolth arms my nose tore up bolth knees and had cancer just needed to vent

That does suck. The one thing we never plan on in life is our bodies starting to let us down........we just assume they will keep on ticking until the end, but as we get older we find out that isn't necessarily true. :( That's why we have to really enjoy those times in between when we are feeling good and get the most out of them.

Hope you get well soon and all this becomes just a fuzzy memory. :)

Don

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Yes it is hard to get over some times, but you've got to have faith. When you look at yourself and wonder why you seem to have it so bad, look around you and count all the blessings that you do have. Granted you're only 24 and have had a series of setbacks, but there are people way worse off then you are. I'll guarantee that fact! I know you feel like venting sometimes so go ahead, this is the place to do it. I'm sure we all can relate in some small way! I fell off a house when I was younger and had a total of 40 breaks in 15 bones, punctured my lung in 3 places and I wondered how that could have happened to me because I was invincible at 37!!!! I lost my first wife 40 to cancer. How could that happen to me!! Sometimes things happen for a reason, I can't understand things myself, but they do happen!! Count yourself lucky that you're still able to get around and write. Some people can't even do that. Count your blessings!!:D...sorry I went into a rant!!!..:D...:D...CR

well here I go I am going to complain a little I just had my knee surgery on Wensday and being on crutches for 6 to 8 weeks and cant do a darnd thing this is the second one I have had and some time down the road I will have the first one done again because its not holding up the greatest and I am olny 24 some times it doent seem fair some people never go to the hospital and me I seem to be falling apart I have broken bolth arms my nose tore up bolth knees and had cancer just needed to vent

Tinker,
You're still breathing though, right? :D

ISore

sorry to hear of the unfortunate circumstances, L2T--but CR is right, there are bad times in everyone's life sooner or later, and a guy doesn't have to look too far usually to find someone in worse shape....
or to put it another way "it could always be worse"
hope you get to feeling better soon, and if a guy's gotta rant, this is a good place to do that!

On the way to work I was listening to PBS radio and there was a guy on there who has written a book about his life. He was born with some rare disease that normally kills you by age two..........he has survived and I think said he was in his 50's now. However, over the years his disease has been working on his body, crippling him to the point where now he can't even hold a pen to write. And yet, his message was that he feels like a very lucky, blessed man.

His logic was that he has had the pleasure of having a wonderful wife for many years and has lived to see his 2 Daughters grow up. He enjoyed a very good career as a writer, has many college degrees, and has led a life that he is proud of and that he loved living. He said when someone says to him "I'm so sorry for you, I would kill myself if I had your illness.", his comeback is "I feel sorry for you that you value life so little that you would not want to live each day, regardless of how you felt that day."

It was a real eyeopener, and I had tears in my eyes hearing his story. We all have our crosses to bear but here is a guy who was dealt a lot of problems right from birth and he has managed to keep his head up and not let it stop him. Whenever I get down I think of that man and how I should try to think more like he does. There is always someone out there who would trade problems with us in a heartbeat if they could. :)

Don

I injured my back at 30 and have had 2 surgeries. I am in constant pain,bad enough that I sometimes lay in bed and cry beacause it hurts so bad. I am still working full time and I have had many people tell me they would be on disability years ago. I had someone tell me something that has really helped me. It sounds silly, but when I was really down like you are i did this. I wrote a list of the things I was thankful for, it was very short at first. Then every morning first thing I would thank God for those things, it started with being alive and able to walk, hear and see. Within a week it was larger and within a month I was much happier with my situation. I seriously feel for you and maybe what I did will help you. I also think it is good to vent and am glad you are comfortable doing so. You may try what worked for me I hope it helps.

I want to personally say thanks to all of you who have shared this. As stated before all we have to do is just look around and we will find someone alot worse off than we are.

There's a Pastor I respect alot, not only because he is a great Bible preacher/teacher but because of the things he has faced in his life. If by some chance you ever get the chance to hear the testimony of Dr. David Ring please listen to it careful and you, like myself, will count each day a blessing after hearing of his life.

likes_2_tinker, I will be praying for you asking God to give you strength and peace of mind as you go through this time of healing. Sometimes God allows us to go through things in our life so we will learn to lean on Him. Just keep looking up my friend. God knows exactly what you are going through and how you feel. Just place your trust in Him and you will see He will carry you through.

Larry

well at the age of 24 you still have your entire life ahead of you yet!!! keep your chin up brush yourself off and move on to the next challenge. and remember what doesn't kill ya only makes ya stronger!!!

hey thanks for the kind words I guess I didnt meen to complain so much I know that I am lucky I am still breathing I do have two wonderful boys and a beautiful wife some good pain killers and an outstandig group of guys here at the RRR thanks again and I still have some picture coming

hey thanks for the kind words I guess I didnt meen to complain so much I know that I am lucky I am still breathing I do have two wonderful boys and a beautiful wife some good pain killers and an outstandig group of guys here at the RRR thanks again and I still have some picture coming

Didn't sound like complaining to me![S Venting and ranting are OK though.:D...CR

Nope, we'd be doing the same thing. Being in pain is no fun and it doesn't help much to hear how "others are much worse off, etc". I only posted those things to try to cheer you up a little. I really hope you do well. :)

Don

I think the worst parts are that I cant even have the boys home with me cause I cant do anythng for them and thre not old enuff to help me ot either so i am home allone all day and now being unimployed things are realy tight for a while but things will get better when i can get around better

I hope to see you in the spring. That's if that cut-in-half '35 Chevy body is available. And those Model A remains too.[dr I'll throw in a finder's fee to help ease the pain. In the meantime, heal fast and don't fall in love with those pain killers.
You know, we count on you to take pics of the cars you find out there.[cl

Latest posts

Back