tilting widshield ???'s

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikes686

i have a 46 dodge 1/2 ton pick 'em up. as i was removing the glass, i realized the it is an original tilting windshield. i would love to keep that bu dont have any of the gear or whatever under the dash. does anyone have any good ideas to make this windshield fully operational? right now i am thinking of an offset gear runnnig alongside a length of all thread, so it doesnt poke out of the dash (impalment hazard). any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

i have a 46 dodge 1/2 ton pick 'em up. as i was removing the glass, i realized the it is an original tilting windshield. i would love to keep that bu dont have any of the gear or whatever under the dash. does anyone have any good ideas to make this windshield fully operational? right now i am thinking of an offset gear runnnig alongside a length of all thread, so it doesnt poke out of the dash (impalment hazard). any and all suggestions would be appreciated.
I had one in my cab that worked . I did some reinforcing under my dash and that made it inoperatable . I now use a piece of heavy rubber . I push the windshield out slip the rubber between it and my cab and thats where it stays for most of the year . Kinda adds to the rat look and the air gets in just fine .You can see it in this pic

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 71
How about the crank out gear for a house window? I think I've seen them at Home Depot and the like. Might be able make something like that work. I've never tried it myself, just a guess on my part.[S

thanks guys, i have a few great ideas now. i especially like the window hinges from home depot. it will be a while before the beast is out and about, but its fuel for my brain.

well I am in the same boat with my 41 dodge. I would love to find one and put it in but those are expensive little rascals. There is one posted on eBay buy it now for $250!!!

Latest posts

Back