Tire shop busted one of my wheels

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzz

Livin' the rat roddin' lifestyle
I had 3- 15 x 7 Keystone Raders with my 54 Belair, very rare wheels but I tried hard to find another so I'd have a set but couldn't find one so I bought a new Cragar ss, which matches pretty good. But of course it's not an original Rader. So to make a short story long, I needed two rear tires for the remaining two Raders so after saving my pennies I bought 2 and took em to the back alley tire shop to be mounted on my remaining 2 Raders and the nice ol guy that runs the place busted one of the Rader wheels trying to mount them. He said he was sorry and didn't charge me for the mounting. ..:(
Don't pay any attention to my whinning, I been having some medical issues and alittle depressed anyway...

Attachments

• 54 chevy 029 (Small).jpg
    54 chevy 029 (Small).jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 54 chevy 030 (Small).jpg
    54 chevy 030 (Small).jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 57
I have seen a lot of Cragar wheels broken exactly like yours. It seems if that pin on the tire machine doesn't come up into a lug hole the wheel will spin and crack off the snout like that.

I had one of the very first pairs of American 5 spokes in my town when they came out and the guy at the gas station thought I was nuts because we didn't use his machine to spin them on, but I made him wet it down with transmission fluid and we slipped the tires on by hand. :D

I hope your health issues get better for you.

Don

Don't get depressed on us....

take care of yourself....the wheel is a bummer though....sorry fuzz get better man.....

What Dirtyrat said did you get all the pieces ? If so fix it ;)
It might not be perfect but, neither are our cars [ddev

Jim

I dropped the wheels and tires at the shop and back to get em when he told me about breakin em. He tossed the pieces in that slimy dumpster and I was alittle miffed so I just grabbed my wheels and walked away with my tail between my legs. I had to buy a new Cragar ss for the from of the Belair so I'll just get another Cragar and the wheels will match on each side...:eek:

Latest posts

Back