TiredIronGRB's 1960 Parkwood

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TiredIronGRB

Traditionalist
Figured I would start a build thread, not that I'm going to do a lot to it but I would like to keep it all in one place.

1960_Parkwood_01.jpg

1960_Parkwood_02.jpg

1960_Parkwood_03.jpg

1960_Parkwood_04.jpg

1960_Parkwood_05.jpg

1960_Parkwood_06.jpg

good looking wagon

i noticed a wheel change- i like your choice:cool:

that rig really looks clean and solid....what are you wanting to do to it?[P

It's a 348, it's the original engine but with a GM Tri-Power added. I've adjusted the shift down cable and carb linkage, then I changed the wheels and tires today (I just don't like the rubberband tires).

My plans now are to drive the crap out of it.

Guess this means the 39's down the road....That sure is a cool wagon, and it looks like your little helper likes it

That is a beautiful wagon. You have a really nice place there also. I like the look of all that land in the back round. What is that memorial with the cross in one of the background pics. It looks quite cool.

What is that memorial with the cross in one of the background pics. It looks quite cool.

That's our fireworks display/movie screen, we have a big 4th of July "God and Country" party. This year is our 13th year and we average between 4-5K people, the 4th year into it my church adopted it and now it's our largest out reach of the year.

We have the inflatable games for the kids, free food and drinks for the first 2k people, a live Civil War re-enactment with horses, cannons and about 30 men, off-road vehicle rides (APCs and Tanks when I had them) and of course a 30 minute firework show.

I have a 1 watt radio station here that we play our audio over and in the off season we play movies on the screen and play the audio over the radio station...we really do have a good time around here.

That's our fireworks display/movie screen, we have a big 4th of July "God and Country" party. This year is our 13th year and we average between 4-5K people, the 4th year into it my church adopted it and now it's our largest out reach of the year.

We have the inflatable games for the kids, free food and drinks for the first 2k people, a live Civil War re-enactment with horses, cannons and about 30 men, off-road vehicle rides (APCs and Tanks when I had them) and of course a 30 minute firework show.

I have a 1 watt radio station here that we play our audio over and in the off season we play movies on the screen and play the audio over the radio station...we really do have a good time around here.

Wow,Sounds like a real good time.

We took the wagon on vacation last week and drove interstate at 75-85 mph in 95 degree heat with the air running. Then in Pigeon Forge TN bumper to bumper traffic with the air running it ran great with no heating problems, we averaged 16 mpg so needless to say I'm very tickled with the wagon's performance.

I'll be planning to attend some of the event''s I usually past on because of the distance.

I really like the wagon Tired Iron. It's also good to see you being able to make some comfortable long hauls in it. That adds some fun factor to the program.

Latest posts

Back