Tom toms are cool!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chopper tom

Way too young to be a hippy!
Hey gang ,finally got the speedo hooked up in the bucket today and my buddy bobby brought over his tomtom and showed me how to check my speedo to see how bad off it was, while driving down the road.
It was the first time i have seen this done and i thought it was so cool .
Turns out the speedo is about 15 or so miles off .i have een running about 60 and 70 when i thought i was goin about 55. good to know before i get a big fat ticket.
He says a garmin will do the same too .
I guess i better get with it on this new tec stuff!:eek:

Yep, I'm starting to like computers and other things like GPS. Don't understand them yet, but I kind of like em. In all the years I drove my 27 I never got around to running a speedo cable to the speedometer so it never worked. I took a hand held GPS and put a couple of white tic marks on the face of the tach, one when I was going 35 and one at 55. From there it was all guesswork. I stayed slower than most traffic around me and never got stopped, so I guess I was not speeding. :)

I bet you were surprised to find out you were 15 over. Garmins are good too, we install them in lots of boats........very user friendly, even I understand a few functions on them.

Don

We have a garmin w use in the truck on trips. I like it, no need for road maps any more. Program the address you are going to and it will give you directions right to the place.

tom me tom

The Morris has a toyota gearbox and Morris diff and the Tom Tom is the speedo as the speedo shows 120k's at 100 and the Speed Checks on the National Hiways show the Tom Tom as spot on where as most modern cars are doing about 5k's under the real speed shown.
Looks like the Australian Goverment is slowing all new cars down a tad.
Tony

Latest posts

Back