Took a lil cruise yesterday... sometime ya just get lucky!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
I needed a lil break so Mrs Tripper & I met with friends in Galveston for dinner last nite. I tuned my truck up earlier in the week & was lookin' forward to the 50 mile cruise. It was a really beautiful day & my truck was running absolutely perfectly & it was a pleasure rockin' the rowdy BB Nailhead on the freeway. I was easily cutting through traffic & saw a gap to pass quite a few cars & let the BB rip. I saw a lowered newer Chev PU with blacked out windows coming up behing & thought... hummm... someone to have fun with. [ddd Well when I came back to the middle lane & saw a side view of the "truck" in my side mirror... I noticed it wasn't a PU after all but a Suburban & had spotlights! RUT ROW... that is what the Highway Patrol drives here in Tejas. He pulls up beside me & flicks on the hidden red & blues & I thought I was gonna get a lil ticket but... he was right by an exit & just pulled off the freeway! OMG... I can NOT describe the feeling as I cuised on down to my destination. Needless to say... I was a lil more sedate for the rest of my trip & kept the BB on a single 2 barrel! Sometimes you just get lucky!!! [ddd:eek::eek:[ddd

BoB

Sounds like he was playing with you Tripper. He knew he had you if he wanted to pursue it. Instead he just let you go with a little stain in your shorts.:D

I had pretty much the same thing happen to me years ago. Except I was in a 79 TA. I had to pull over and take chill brake lol

Officer's Choice

There's that if your level of cool is high you can get away with stuff :cool:

Had that happen during a highspeed freeway game, on a 900 Kaw [cl

I've been in exactly that spot a bunch of times in my life, Bob. I normally have a pretty good 6th sense about cars behind me, comes from my street racing days, I can tell the shape of a Crown Vic or similar car from a distance. But cops these days are NOT playing fair, they are driving every kind of car they can get their hands on, so you never know who is next to you on the road these days.

Dan and I were coming home from a drive one night in our cars and as we got into a 40 mph construction area we dropped down to about 35-40. There was a car right on my tail the whole time and when the construction area ended he pulled around me and it was a Florida Hyway Patrol car. :eek: I never knew he was back there. Sure glad we drive like little old ladies when we are out in our hot rods.

Don

Latest posts

Back