Top Chop ???? $$

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if he aint got no respect for your time he can do it himself

proper with low skills have no respect for the the skills of others.
people of low intelligence do not recognize intelligence in others but they do most always over estimate their own self worth.

This sounds about spot on!!

The old saying of 'you get what you pay for' comes to mind. I have people ask if I can rebuild their 350 chevy for $400 and I say no. Because I refuse to cut corners to get it down to a cheap price. When the motor blows up they will just say I built it not that they refused to pay for quality parts or service. Your reputation as a craftsman is worth more than losing out on one cheap client. If you are honset and do high quality work then eventually you will have more clients than you can possibly service. It takes years to build a reputation and minutes to destroy it.

The irony is, you could quit on your current build and probably sell it for less than you would charge someone to chop their top.

If I have free time and a job interests me, I won't have to make the going rate for doing the work. I make zero working on my own stuff or watching TV.

I'm definitely not suggesting how anyone else should operate.

I gotta wonder if he is crying about price now, how is he going to be when the job is done? CC seems to have a smart business model.

BTW - I will chop a 42-48 GM for $9900.99, if anyone is interested. I will be an on site consultant for $200 a day plus beer. :D:D

Guess I better start charging more. I do the work on the side for hot rod money so I guess I can aford to give a deal but I'm not even close. The last A sedan I chopped last year I did for 600 bucks and just finished a 38 Chevy pickup for 700 including body work in primer. I did both for friends so I guess they got a bit of a deal.

It doesn't matter what rate you charge if you're happy with the price.
That said, I done my 40 and would never do another round car period :)
Square cars are an exception but, before I done mine, I'd of said BS to anything over $1,000 now $5,000 to $7,500 don't seem so bad :eek:

Square early 30s cars are a very different story, not sure what I would want to do one these days. This was the first one I ever did way back in the very early 70s and back then I think I got about $500.00 to do it. But in those days we didn't have Migs or Tigs just a Torch and coat hangers!:rolleyes:

Oh I forgot, for that price he got patch panels on the rear quarters and below the trunk!

Attachments

• merc and coupe 014.jpg
    merc and coupe 014.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 19
  • merc and coupe 013.jpg
    merc and coupe 013.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 17

Latest posts

Back