Torque Fest 2011 Pics - 497 of 'em!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam_Fear

Brother Rat
I dumped the blurry, thumb, and just plain bad shots, other than that, these are all the raw shots I took. Keep in mind, a lot of time I go into shotgun mode and just start clicking away hoping one hits. The ones at the beginning and a point in the middle are from the VIP parking area - like the scary (no driveshaft shield or floor) giant rat.

http://s527.photobucket.com/albums/cc353/SamFear/Torque%20Fest%202011/

Enjoy....

A few samples...
IMGP0702.jpg

IMGP0716.jpg

IMGP0721.jpg

IMGP0843.jpg

IMGP0854.jpg

IMGP0891.jpg

IMGP0934.jpg

IMGP0975.jpg

IMGP1004.jpg

IMGP1071.jpg

Thanks for the pictures. Makes me wonder what it would take to get rods to come to my fair grounds. what make is that pick up I dont recognize ? the low one?

Thanks for the pictures. Makes me wonder what it would take to get rods to come to my fair grounds. what make is that pick up I dont recognize ? the low one?

If you are speaking of the white on laying frame it was 64 Toyota with a lt1 under the hood...shhhhh it was f.I. it was body dropped and bagged.
Also the one that had no wheels and was being towed with just the engine was actually a camper in back and the engine was a grill. Can any one I.d that one for me?

Also the one that had no wheels and was being towed with just the engine was actually a camper in back and the engine was a grill. Can any one I.d that one for me?

Judging from the body lines it looks to me like a '41-46 Chevy :confused:

Great pics Sam, just looked at the teasers for now and will check out the link tonight :cool: Love that green scalloped full custom, was it a '53-54 Chevy ??

Should I add my pics here or make anudder thread? I dont have that many...less then 50...and a video of the pink flame shooter.

Checked out the photo bucket link, lots of great pics, thanks for putin them on, like the shot you attached with the tree growing through the bumper, reminded me of a few finds that required logging as the first step of retrieval.

I sure wish the grass was green up here, kind of forgot how nice that looks, still got a bit of snow and nothing green yet, probabaly a couple weeks away from that yet.

Sam great pics,like the black VOODOO one with rider holding parts driving back after crashing getting stuck on tires on the track classic

The white Toyota looked out of place but it seemed to fit with the Chevy power stuffed under the hood to each his own

I thought it was a great show to be honest......I didn't have enough time in one day....next time ill be out all weekend. I liked the Toyota because he had balls driving up to enter it lol. I'm still not sure what traditional is after seeing some of the cars in the gate compared to cars not in the gate?

Post up your pics PnP! The Toyota guy popped up his hood for me - Everybody around dropped their jaws. I didn't think you could have stuffed that under there.

I told him he should crack the hood with a sign that said "take a peek".
th_IMGP1010.jpg

Also busted a couple guys feather dusting... :rolleyes:
th_IMGP0813.jpg

When we first got there, we went through the VIP and I nailed down why every car wasn't let in, but by the end of Sat. I was kinda confused as why a few I saw were let in and others weren't. The website had very specific rules this year. Lax at the gate maybe, or with a club? I wasn't too concerned about it, it was all good stuff!

Oh, the pic of the Voodoo Kings coming off the track.... I practically had to run to catch it to get that pic. The driver was still grinning all the way!

Awesome coverage SF, thanks. I see the Back Seat Betty made an appearance. I agree with you, the 239 car looked cooler as a coopay.

Thanks for posting all those shots. I'd love to drive one of mine to the show but the weather is so unpredictable this time of year.

Latest posts

Back