Torquefest Iowa 4/29-30/11

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be there! I probably won't have the Olds though. I'm gonna try, but I need to do a few shakedowns runs first and the weather forecast doesn't look too good for the week.

Last year was amazing.

Planning on being there sat morning or.Friday night. Still unsure though. You know how pojects start to pile up in the garage.

I had my weekend all set up. Torquefest Sat. and Jefferson on Sun. Now I have to work all day Sat! Aaaaahhh! Yall have fun over there

I just found out that a local show is Sun so I don't know if ill drive out Sat and back home or just skip it all together. The Jefferson swap meet will be hard to miss to but this other show.is 5 min from my house

the show sunday is at j.c whitney lasalle IL. Its a all around show or what ever you call them. I think I may hot torque fest for a few hours Sat to though.
I am planning on putting the luv in the rat rod class for ****s and giggles since its free entry..hehe

With the rain predicted, I'll probably drive my '49 since it has windows and fenders. It doesn't fit the format of the show so I'll probably be in the VIP parking section. Maybe the forecast will change.

Blue

I coulda maybe snuck my Olds up there, but yeah, it's not rain friendly yet so we'll be going in my wife's truck.

Going up Friday and camping at Maquokata Caves. So if you're over there Friday night, we'll be drinkin' around the fire. Black Explorer Sport Trac and a red tent. I'll be the guy wearing the black stocking cap even when it's 70 degrees and a big Olympus camera.

Up an running for torque fest finally should be a great weeken RR over heating gona have to a trailer queen but we will be there

b772e24d.jpg

Great show! Lot's of cool cars! Some hot track action! No rain! Pics coming soon.

I talked with Ol' Blue and Busch for awhile and BloodSweat&Wiskey handed me a beer (working concession) - thanks for not shakin' it up. ;) Saw several other vehicles that seemed familiar too, but no owners were around.

The school bus races were a riot Friday night. And I got some good pics of the cars after they hit the dirt/mud track. Good music too, but it was unfortunate that they weren't facing the car field. All in all, another great show as far as I was concerned.

Latest posts

Back