Treasure Mountain

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple of more pics...

IMG_1634-1.jpg

IMG_1631-1.jpg

IMG_1630-1.jpg

A100 you say?? There's a A100 van there as well...... roof mounted ac, powder blue paint............:cool: need me to look for any items?

Charlie is thinking about parting with the shifter.....

All I really need is the shifter or you could check the headlight rings..if they are good those should bring around 100 a piece.

Also the I believe the seats are the same as the ones used in the factory super stocks...those too can garner some green.

OH YA...those are great. Kinda like prospecting, gold is where you find it.
Yup!:D I know all too well about them seats- can't make a A-990 clone without them! :cool: Let me know if there's any other odd pieces on the van- and I'll look the next trip up. I'll inspect them rings and give em a cleaning.

A lot of these cars have some perfect pieces on them- but we can't take everything- not enough time for that!!!:(

Each time we go there it's like madness! Ya don't know where to start! :eek:

Hell the A100 even! I dunno if it has one of them dash shifters in it or not! It very well could for all we know! Most of the cars had all kinds of junk stored in them.

Which reminds me! I gotta call Pookie and remind him to grab the pair of funky lookin cylinderheads I spied in a trunk........... reaches for phone.- (for the record NO not Hemi- I woulda carried those suckas down on the spot!)

Keep in mind that you have to weave your way in or out, often times climbing over cars. I must have stepped on this no less than 5 times, when I looked down to see what was flat in the squishy mud, I picked up this-

IMG_1711.jpg

Not a Chevy guy, so I have no idea what Chev it came off of or what year- but it is real glass so I stuck it in my pocket on my trip carrying goodies out.:D

Last edited:
Keep in mind that you have to weave your way in or out, often times climbing over cars. I must have stepped on this no less than 5 times, when I looked down to see what was flat in the squishy mud, I picked up this-

IMG_1711.jpg

Not a Chevy guy, so I have no idea what Chev it came off of or what year- but it is real glass so I stuck it in my pocket on my trip carrying goodies out.:D

u stuck it in your pocket huh u gonna have to pay the ctu tax

Metal heaven!

Great pictures guys. In 1980 I bought 310 cars in an old junkyard...I had 6 months to get them out. From 1948 thru 1960 models. It is an experience you will remember your whole life! (I still got pieces.....)
Good luck.

Shakey:D

dang pookies i am envious... and very much so jealous of the old tow boom... i need me one of those for the 36! save as much as you guys can.. ill come help haha

POOKIES,

Thanks for sharing the awesome pix. I LOVE old places like that!:cool:tres cool:cool:

Got a place like that about 1/2 hour drive from where I live now-sorta out near where my parents still live. Anyhoo, I started trying to get admission to the place when I was 16, took me almost 10 years to get the elderly gent who owns it to "finally" let me in.

Legend has it he was a crusty old cuss-I finally discovered that you had to be willing to stand around and chat for about 45 minutes before he'd say "okay, go on up." Think it took him that long to size you up.;)

Regards,
Shea:)

I am also VERY CURIOUS about this ol Dodge Colt. I told Pookie that I have an ol 340 4spd setup that could be utilized.And we are tripping over Ford 9" rears up on the mountain..... The plot thickens.

IMG_1669.jpg
Well, I heard the news, the Colt folded apart and was another car that mother nature captured from Treasure Mountain.....:eek:

On the flipside the wreaker appears to be pretty solid and all there.

I even looked in my garage and discovered a long ago purchased hood ornament that has minimal pitting on it. I also have been giving some thought into this project. Pookie will be happy.:)

This is a very cool thread. I love seeing these great found lost treasures. However, you Pookies confuse the heck out of me. I can't tell if you guys are talking in the third or maybe even the forth party vernacular. :confused: :D

its the pookie way keep em confused hehehe :eek:

Latest posts

Back