Triangulated four bar question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

35DODGE

I want to do a triangulated four bar with coil over spring setup. Would I be better off to buy a kit. If so who would you all recommend to go through. I have seen what Speedway offers and welderseries.com, what are my choices. I do have the ability to fabricate most things at home with my Bridgeport and lathe. A friend of mine has a small plasma table so he can cut any plates that I may need. More importantly how do I go about setting the bars up. I was told that the pinion gear should be at 3 degrees. That is all I know so far.

Kurtm, that is a good link I bookmarked it thanks

Speedway Motors has kits but are not priced as good as Welder Series.

Item #:
91632TR4 $399.99

Item #:
91633TR4 $399.99

Item #:
91649056 $382.99

No need to build your own unless, you just want to.

Last edited:
I've used the welderseries triangulated kit on two builds now....fantastic stuff, great prices and fantastic service and tech advice. I have no hesitation in recommending them!

This may help.......

I was thinking of doing a triangulated 4 bar on my Dodge, but decided it was too much work. Went with a parallel instead. But in my research I found this....

Good luck to you.

Attachments

• 4LinkCalculatorV1.5.zip
    27.4 KB · Views: 46
Check with Ron Pope here on the forum too!

http://www.eztbucket.com/

Beercan

We have all those parts, but here is what we ran into. It fits everything universal, but nothing exact. So the bars were either too long or too short, the brackets were at the wrong angle, on and on. Seems the guys building could not cut the tubes and rethread, or they could not grind a tab some to make it all fit.
So we quit advertising them. The rods we did were threaded left and right so you did not have to take the bolts out to adjust them.

A better setup

What would be a better setup parallel 4 bar or triangulated. Or is there another rear suspension setup that I have not considered

Easy is as easy does

Truck bar.

Someone made a nice setup on here from some late model land rover trailing arms and a Kia link for a panard!

Kurt

Triangulated should hook up better for drag racing. Parallel should give a better ride. It also simplifies exhaust installation. Parallel requires a panhard bar. Triangulated does not.

Latest posts

Back