Tripper scores running Poly motor!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
I have been lookin' for a good running Poly motor & tranny out of a '55 Plymouth. Thanks to a heads up from 24Dodge I found one really close to home & will pick up tomorrow or the next day. SWEEEEEEEEET!!!

BoB

Attachments

• poly1.JPG
    poly1.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 95
  • poly2.JPG
    poly2.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 81
Good score Bob. Those are good looking engines imo. What's it going in? Did it come with that air cleaner too? Can I have the air cleaner, lol.

Dodge in a Dodge!?

Good score Bob. Those are good looking engines imo. What's it going in? Did it come with that air cleaner too? Can I have the air cleaner, lol.

Gastrick,
I've always loved the way these motors look... so unusual. Haven;t decided what to put it in but probably my '46 Dodge pu. Haven't pickedit up yet but iyou can bet I'll be pressing for that air cleaner. :D:D:D

BoB

Now if you don't know what to do with that puppy, I know of a certain Plymouth that be right at home in.:D:D:D
Seriously, Bob, Nice find !!!!

Get her home!

I picked up the Poly motor today in the rain so the carb is covered with a plastic bag but ck out this tranny. It has a sort of brake drum at the rear. Never seen this B4 but I'm totally in the dark about Mopar stuff. Got everything except the front driveshaft yoke but should be able to get it as the seller only needs the back 1/2 if he decides to retain the orig rear end.

BoB

Attachments

• polyntruck.jpg
    polyntruck.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 32
  • aircleaner.jpg
    aircleaner.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 32
  • polytranny.jpg
    polytranny.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 45
Nice stuff. that is your e-brake, Cornbinder trucks had basically the same deal. I know because I burned one up on my uncles truck once, couldn't figure out why there wasn't much power and the cab was filling with smoke!!

That air cleaner is way cool.

Latest posts

Back