Tripper's Big Score!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
I love referring to myself in the 3rd person... well anyway... after I saw the attached picture I have always wanted to build one of these bad boys & bought a stock Crosley station wagon today & am going to pick it up tomorrow! I'm gonna finish up my '41 Ford PU first but with this car waiting in the wings it'll make me even more determined to finish the PU asap! Can u say GASSER!?!?!?!

crosley2.jpg

BoB

Here are a couple of pictures to add in here, cause I know how you guys like them!

Attachments

• crosley yellow.jpg
    crosley yellow.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 20
  • crosley orange.jpg
    crosley orange.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 19
Oh Yea!

Hey Tripper, I had a Crosley back in 1990-92? I had it set up with a tube chassis and a BBC with 19x29.5 MT's.It was a wagon as well but someone had cut the back off and made a pickup out of it.I cut the bubble top out of it and put a ribbed top from a Chevy station wagon which made for a 2in. chop.
A friend of mine from Toledo saw it and had to have it,so I sold it to him and havent seen it since.I will look for my pics and post them for ya!
Good luck with your Crosley and keep pics going as you make progress!
Tim

Uncle!

Hey Tripper, I had a Crosley back in 1990-92? I had it set up with a tube chassis and a BBC with 19x29.5 MT's.It was a wagon as well but someone had cut the back off and made a pickup out of it.I cut the bubble top out of it and put a ribbed top from a Chevy station wagon which made for a 2in. chop.
A friend of mine from Toledo saw it and had to have it,so I sold it to him and havent seen it since.I will look for my pics and post them for ya!
Good luck with your Crosley and keep pics going as you make progress!
Tim

Gusset,
My Uncle had one back in the 50's that had a propeller on the front that tickled me to no end! It was green with yellow panels. He lives in Louisiana & I made the trip from Houston in it several times. He called it Putsy... because it just put-put'd around so that's probably what I'll call it but mine won't b doin' any put'n around!!! ; - >

Bonehead,
Thanks for the link!!!

BoB

Tripper, shoots...........Tripper scores. Since you wanted pictures of the orange stretched Crosley, including the interior, here ya go.........I've got a bunch of that car.

Love the interior fotos!!!

Since you wanted pictures of the orange stretched Crosley, including the interior, here ya go.........I've got a bunch of that car.

And last but not least, a real deal Crosley B/Altered from the 60's.

Gastrick,
Wow... & thanks a lot for the fotos... especially the interior shots!!! And I am definitely usin' those spoked gasser wheels up front (but with disc brakes). This should make me really get to work on the '41 now. Gonna finish up the other door next week then on to the channel. Thanks again!

BoB

That stretched Crosley is a sweet ride, but I'd love to see that front wheel opening skirted in or cut off from the front to the opening like the one in the last pic

Home sweet home!

Well, I got the beast home. Just wish I had put a Coke can in the engine compartment when I took the foto... the motor is SO small it really does look like a toy! And ck this *luxury* interior... sweet! This thing is really small & I am expecting it to do wheelies easily!!! ; - >

BoB

Attachments

• motor.jpg
    motor.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 25
  • interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 25
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 26
Might be time to build you an "Itty Bitty" rod to use as a spare tire. That way you don't have to toss that little tinker toy out in the trash can.

Latest posts

Back