Trunk latch

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bamamav

Attachments

• $_57.jpg
    $_57.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 20
Just a thought..

Hey Bamamav. Have you considered a Cadillac trunk latch? They are electric. Just close your trunk until the latch touches and it will automatically close tightly. A button located at a convienent location will release it. Not too expensive at Pull-A-Part. Just a suggestion.

I'm gonna use one on Buford for a hood latch.

Lynn

No Shakey, I was trying to keep it simple. I thought about it about a minute, then decided it would be too much trouble....

Hey Bam.
Do you know if that trunk latch is the same as the Ford cars for that era?
If it is it may just be easier and cheaper to find one of those.
Torchie.

No, the Lincoln is totally different than a same era Ford. Ford still used the sliding square dead bolt style, while Lincoln had a style similar to some of the newer latches, with a rotating crow's foot as best as I can describe it. The pin fits in between the forks of the latch, which rotates about 1/4 round as it latches. I think my pin has been cut off, as it's too short, and the screws for the pin plate are frozen solid. I'm not enthused by the latch, either, even though I got it to latching, just a slight touch of the release pops it open, sort of like triggering a mouse trap. I'm afraid going down the road, the body may flex and trip the latch. I want to make it harder for that to happen....

I have a Ranger hood latch, I may try to mod it and see if it will work. It looks almost like the pic I posted.

Latest posts

Back