Tube Coping Calculator

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sniper

Canadian Rust Bucket
Found this calculator that can give you a print out template for just about any tubing or pipe that needs to be notched/fishmouth. It can incorporate two different size tube/pipe sizes at any angle from 90 degrees, to 10 degrees. As an example, a tube frame rail of 1 1/2 inch with a 1 inch tube welded to it at a 45 degree angle. It can give you the exact template to print off and wrap around the 1 inch tube so you can cut out the notch for a perfect fit. Also, check out the square tube bender that works like conduit bender, that looks like it could be a cool idea as well. www.metalgeek.com/static/cope.pcgi Sniper

Square tube bender, works like conduit bender. The tubing in the picture looks to be a real thinwall allowing the wrinkles in the side. I would think (guessing here) using a 1 inch square tube with a 100 thou wall would lessen, or eliminate that. I had made a similar die, for a hydraulic ram style pipe bender, that worked very well on the 100 thou wall tube. This might be a lot quicker and easier, to make and store. Sniper

Attachments

• deform_jig.jpg
    deform_jig.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
man that is way cool ,,i could have uased that when i was building my radius arms on my truck

Attachments

• DSC00347.JPG
    DSC00347.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC00345.JPG
    DSC00345.JPG
    3.7 KB · Views: 127

Latest posts

Back