twisters-n-cars

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moronthethrottle

Cross Member
An F4 hit nearby last Friday night. Massive damage, prayers needed for families losing homes and acreages. Comlete details here-Sibley tornado

This car had a rough night...ripped the engine right out from under the hood.
Damage21.jpg

Damage22.jpg

Damage23.jpg

Damage26.jpg

Marquis? I think under a silo...
Damage24.jpg

Wow those are some very intense photos, one of many downfalls of livingin the midwest though. We've had 2 near me in the last month or so.

tornadoes are just plain scary--no way to predict acurately their direction, intensity or duration....

hope all is well w/you & yours....prayers for those affected....

funny story--a few yrs ago a "little" tornado went thru an ark. town, it destroyed an auto garage that had left a car up on a lift, and this lifted car was visible thru the debris-- but when the local news reporter told the story--"cars thrown about like a child's toy":rolleyes:

tornadoes are just plain scary--no way to predict acurately their direction, intensity or duration....

hope all is well w/you & yours....prayers for those affected....

funny story--a few yrs ago a "little" tornado went thru an ark. town, it destroyed an auto garage that had left a car up on a lift, and this lifted car was visible thru the debris-- but when the local news reporter told the story--"cars thrown about like a child's toy":rolleyes:

I love finding stuff like that.... I tend to see it when people are trying to explain turbo systems on cars to people or in an article though.

Wow! Didn't know it had been that bad. We were camping up around Dubuque that weekend. DNR had us head for shelter Fri. - pea size hail and heavy winds. Sat. night wasn't much better. Really got socked with rain. Week before we were getting 80mph. straight line winds around Davenport area. The ground is so wet, it was ripping trees right out of the ground - roots and all. What a year.....

Best wishes for the people of that area. Tornadoes are worse than hurricanes in my opinion. At least with hurricanes you have some warning they are coming to prepare.

We had a hurricane come through Pennsylvania when I lived there. It hit a half mile from our house and cut a path that looked like a huge mower had cut a swath about a mile wide, cutting down everything in it's path. We were sitting in our dining room and commented on how green the sky looked during a bad storm, but later that day we learned what had happened just a little distance from the house. I never knew the force of these things until we drove around looking at the carnage.

Don

I know one of the people who got hit the hardest and he lost everything. The first couple pics were of his place. Sad thing is he had a tractor collection and extensive amount of tractor tins and parts. But, the saddest is a 63 corvette that was completely restored that he said "it was completely unreconizable" after the tornado.

Latest posts

Back