Up on all four

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clipper

Here are some pics of the 29 RPU build I mentioned in my intro. Frame rails are 2x3 120 wall Stock rear crossmember and b-ville front crossmember/ horns.

DSCN9717.jpg

DSCN9718.jpg

DSCN9721.jpg

DSCN9725.jpg

nice work

I notice that you've built a factory style 4-link rear suspension, like Ford's Fox body or GM's A/G body (and others, of course). Great work - that will handle well and take hard launches easily.

Have some details on the engine? Looks great!

440shorty

Feets!

Clipper,
It's always a good milestone when they get their feets on the ground! Very nice work... thanks for sharing!

BoB

WOW! great looking build and great looking shop. I really like those wheel stands you have it sitting on. can you provide any details on them? looks like a great idea to get everything up to a comfortable working area

I thought the stands were pretty nice too. Your RPU is really top notch. Has the look and will be a great driving rod for sure. Where did you find the trips? I looked long and hard for an intake for the 302 in my '27 and had to settle for 2 fours.

Keep us posted as you progress on it, please.

Don

My eyes aren't good enough to tell on the pictures he posted, but I think you are right. Charlie has these as well as two carb ones. I saw a tripower setup (used) in a speedshop one time for a sbf, but it used Holleys and they were like a quarter inch apart in there. I know Ford used to offer these in the '60's, but you hardly ever see them anymore. Shoulda bought some of that Cobra stuff up when it was first available, it was dirt cheap back then...........but now!!!! :eek:

Don

mystery intake

Heres the answer fellas. Its the real deal. But this this also asks the question "what is it?" Cant say right now but will look into it tomorrow.
Ill post manufacturer when I find out. PM me if you have any other questions.

DSCN9758.jpg

Next phase

Got a late start tonite. Started mounting corvair box.

DSCN9754.jpg

DSCN9755.jpg

DSCN9756.jpg

Made a template to check swing of pitman arm for cowl mods.

DSCN9757.jpg

Latest posts

Back