V8Square "Cave"

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V8Square

Well, went out to the "Cave" around 9 this morning. It was already 93 degrees outside and a comfy 76 in thed "Cave". Worked awhile on the project and had to crank the A/C up to 78. My buddy called around 11 and said let's go to luch. I came in the house, took a shower and left for one of my favorite watering holes, Square One Brewery, in the city. Had a great lunch and a couple of micro brews. Got home around 3. Temp now is 107 degrees. "Cave" is maintaining 78 degrees. Guess I can rough the cold and go out and work a little more. Tomorrow is supposed to be a carbon copy of today. I might actually have to put on a long sleeve shirt tomorrow (ha,ha)

I need that cave, it was 96 in the cave yesterday as ai was changing my fuel pump and making new lines, and pulling of front spring to get reacrched today, it was great but between the sweat in my eyes and the sweet gas that got in my eyes as I wiped the sweat.... good times..:D:D

I need that cave, it was 96 in the cave yesterday as ai was changing my fuel pump and making new lines, and pulling of front spring to get reacrched today, it was great but between the sweat in my eyes and the sweet gas that got in my eyes as I wiped the sweat.... good times..:D:D

Yeah, I hear ya.But up there in Michigan, it's a dry heat. Right? Many years ago, I was stationed in the U.P.in Sault Ste Marie, That "dry" cold froze the hell out of me. It was so bad, I volunteered to go to Vietnam. That was drastic.
This year, I said I had enough of the heat here and air conditioned my garage. Just finished it a couple of weeks ago and it really cools nice. Just have to make sure I don't open the door. Like right now, it is still 107 degrees with 29% humidity. Disgusting weather. I just came in to shower up and it is nice to not even be sweating from working on my V8Squareback project. Supposed to be more of the same tomorrow. Gotta love the Mid-West!

:D:D:Dskull, my son is duty station is in tacoma, he and his girlfriend came out a few weeks ago, (drove out in a honda civic with no air or cruise) and never stopped, when they got here it was about 100 with 90% humidity, WOW the looked rough. verry funny.:D:D:D:D:D

Lucky dog..a/c in the shop is definitely on my to do list..I had a welding job I had to finish this last weekend..Air temp was 106, was 120 in the weld shop..Few years ago it got to 146 in there, so i guess this wasn't so bad:rolleyes::rolleyes: Thought I was gonna melt..

Lucky dog..a/c in the shop is definitely on my to do list..I had a welding job I had to finish this last weekend..Air temp was 106, was 120 in the weld shop..Few years ago it got to 146 in there, so i guess this wasn't so bad:rolleyes::rolleyes: Thought I was gonna melt..

I hear you about the heat. Wednesday, it hit 108 here. Forgot what rain looked like. Only positive note is I'm saving on gas for my lawn tractor as I haven't had to cut grass. It's all burn't up. Yesterday, I went to Wally World and bought 2 sets of mini blinds for my six foot garage window. Now, if I feel like working in the "Cave" in my underwear, I can IN THE PRIVACY OF MY OWN CAVE. When I told my wife that, she said pu-leeze. She said she could have went all day without me saying that. After 46 years of marriage, you would think she would have a better sense of humor.

Gotta go for now. Gonna get a small apartment style fridge for the "Cave".

My brother had changed out a 4ton unit in his house and gave it to me.I stuck it in my 36x60 shop.It wont make you have to put on a long sleeve shirt but it does make it comfortable while working in there.The electric bill reflects it so Im selective on running it.lol

My brother had changed out a 4ton unit in his house and gave it to me.I stuck it in my 36x60 shop.It wont make you have to put on a long sleeve shirt but it does make it comfortable while working in there.The electric bill reflects it so Im selective on running it.lol

Yeah, I hear ya. My garage is only 26'w x 25'd and I installed a 15,000100 BTU, through wall unit. I am hanging mini blinds today on my six foot window. Stays nice and cool out there and also, it is a 110v unit that cycles quite well. But you know what, when it's hot outside and I am comfortable inside, I never complain about the electric bill.

Latest posts

Back