Vin vs Serial #

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wildman

I have read the title thread, along with a couple on ther 'other' hot rod board and I am confused.

I have my 52 chevy pu and I bought it without a title, from a buddy, who bought it from another guy, who bought it from the guy who started doing the work on it. Have I lost ya yet? :D

I do have the serial number plate and a folder of paperwork on the truck. I have run the serial number through the vin computer (my old man's a cop) and it didnt come up with anything in MA. I have tried to find the old owners of the truck using the paperwork I have.

I have heard of a couple 'sketchy' options but I would like to see if what I have matches what the serial # is and I am also asuming the serial# is the VIN for ths type of truck. :cool:

Yes the serial number is used as the VIN..

There are a few companies out there that are supposed to be able to get you titles with just bill of sales..

Might want to try talking with one of those companies, see if they can help you out..

the land of fruits and nuts has away that i don't hear anybody ever talk about. if it has a vin or serial # you just take it to the dmv and ask for an application for a duplicate pink slip (title). you first tell them what it is, then you fill out this form and the pretty dmv girl comes out and looks at the # and fills out another part of the form and you go back inside and pay the money and you get the plates right then and a title in about a week. i have done 3 t buckets and a model a coupe and several friends have done their cars too. these cars of mine didn't have a vin tag, just #'s. also, i made them up too and had the dmv run them the day before to make sure they were ok. they had to be cause i made them up and stamped them in the frame before i took it there. you can also get a police officer to verfiy them too and he fills out another part of the form, if you don't have a way or don't want to take it to the dmv. check with your dept, maybe they have the same thing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back