Vintage racer build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds great! What a work of art. You need to find a camera guy that has a focal plane shutter camera to take some pics of you driving - so it'll get that classic speed distortion. That would be... uh... classic.

That little walkaround was great! Got me smiling..:):):):)

Love the sound--I can imagine it at speed--a long up hill sweeper...

I wish this was as easy as you made it look--I have thoroughly enjoyed the trip.

Thanks for the show...

PA41

Nice. Not my usually style, but I can dig about anything with that much work and skill in it. The fact that you used a Ford six on a vehicle that is considered a Ford is just a plus. I hope you enjoy driving it(it would be a shame to spend all that time building such a work of art, then leave it in your garage where it can`t be fully appreciated:cool:).

-Johnson

Thanks again guys.

Now on to some home-made upholstery!

I bought a couple of decent quality exercise mats that I'm using for the padding, about 3/4" thick. High density stuff, works great. Doing single thickness on the seatback and double thickness on the seat.

Pretty simple, cut to shape, glue to the seat back, wrap in vinyl and staple from the back. I'll do the bottom part the same, as soon as I get the floor covered in aluminum...

Attachments

• CIMG3615.jpg
    CIMG3615.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 30
  • CIMG3614.jpg
    CIMG3614.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 29
  • CIMG3616.jpg
    CIMG3616.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 36
  • CIMG3617.jpg
    CIMG3617.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 33
I got the rest of the interior finished. I nailed aluminum sheet to the hardwood plywood with small copper plated nails. Also finished the seat. Pretty comfortable, for short distances anyway.

Attachments

• CIMG3623.jpg
    CIMG3623.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 43
  • CIMG3619.jpg
    CIMG3619.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 45
  • CIMG3618.jpg
    CIMG3618.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 41
FINALLY got my Brooklands Aeroscreen in from the UK. Jeez, took like 7 weeks on backorder.

I like it. Hopefully it cuts down on the wind a little

Attachments

• CIMG3658.jpg
    CIMG3658.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 35
  • CIMG3659.jpg
    CIMG3659.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 40
  • CIMG3664.jpg
    CIMG3664.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 34
I think you need a wood rimmed steering wheel to finish off the look. The wind screen is cool. I like it!

It looks pretty sweet.

When you sit in the car, do you get the feeling that it is actually big enough to keep you from getting smacked by bugs?

It looks pretty sweet.

When you sit in the car, do you get the feeling that it is actually big enough to keep you from getting smacked by bugs?

Well I drove it today, and it definitely deflects alot of wind. I think it would deflect most things from hitting you directly in the face, but I think you'll still get some swirling around it.

You drove it, you're talking about it, BUT NO PICTURES!?!?!?

You need to do yourself a photo shoot.

That windscreen tops it off.

Latest posts

Back