volksrod progress and pics

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vtrodder

here is a link to my volksrod build pics. For some reason when I loaded them it goes from recent to when I first got it but anyways, its a 72 standard beetle. When I got it, it needed a framehead, hat, and a half of floor pan, and partial heater channels but I decided to just cut everything out and just start new. I still have to order floor pans and the heater channels but money is a little tight right now so im in the progress of doing a 6in roof chop so Ican just keep going on it. It also has a 10in D bug beam extender on it and I will be running it fenderless. Any comments or sarcasm welcome and thanks.
http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc254/jdinvt/Volksrod build pics/

Love Volksrods... I've been considering building one, even have a bug tracked down... but... I've got a bit different direction in mind...

IMG_20100911_155634.jpg

Looking good. Keep it up. Benn around VW's 40+ years, took the first 6 off.:D I built mine about 6 years ago and we have a blast in it. Any questions, feel free to ask.
Tim

Looking good. Keep it up. Benn around VW's 40+ years, took the first 6 off.:D I built mine about 6 years ago and we have a blast in it. Any questions, feel free to ask.
Tim

Well actually, im haveing soooooooo much trouble with the c pillar right now, I thought I had it almost lined up but after twisting and bending the metal that was spot welded, EVERYTHING came down so now its back to square one for tacking everything back in place and measuring. Its really hard to do this **** by yourself because I dont have enough hands to hold this, weld that, make sure its straight all the same time, im sooooo frusturated right now im thinking it might be easier to just build a volkstruck now. [S

Fantastic!
I love bugs!
I dig the helping hand too! I have a Dane, he's a baby...... In more ways then one :rolleyes:
photo-52.jpg

P.S. if you copy the IMG code under each photobucket picture, then paste that code in your post, your pictures will show up like mine. My picture was pulled from photobucket.

Looks like you could use an engine hoist or chainfall to help move that body around, looks like you have made a lot of progress on repair!!!

thanks timbo, that is the one that I was trying to go by, I also cut the back window down as well instead of laying it down, which I tried to do too, just couldnt keep things together. Guess I will have to use more spot welds to hold things in place.

here is the only pic I can find of mine for the moment. I had two roofs. makes it way easier to fill in the gaps in the edges. then you cut out the center section of the roof you chopped and lay in the donor roof skin. keeps the roof from having a big cross in the middle of it. and it's less welding. if i find more pictures of when I did mine, I'll put them up. hope it helps.

this one has some good info. especially for the door tops.
http://www.socalook.com/chopping.html

this one has some good info in his as well:
http://ec-dc.editboard.com/t2900-my-64-bug-roof-chop-project

Attachments

• 2011-11-28 20.16.57.jpg
    2011-11-28 20.16.57.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Back