vw rod pics

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

70sumbug

this is my ride, currently trying to put a 30 ford rad shell on front, will post pics if it works out[cl

Attachments

• vrod3.jpg
    vrod3.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 70
  • vrod2.jpg
    vrod2.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 62
  • vrod1.jpg
    vrod1.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 66
now that's a sweet v-dub. question. how do you get away with no fenders up there in the north? do the mounties just shine you on like they do down here?

Chilly

Bugman,
Cool bug but that's got to be a little chilly up in the northern territories! What say ye? :D

Beercan

how dependable?

I like the rat bug look. I have a guy who wants to trade me a 64 bug (plus boot) for my 66 fairlane. Was concerned about how dependable those things are? This bug has a 1600 cc engine. Anyone know anything about them?

hell yeah. some people hate the idea of roddin out volks' but i love em.

got a 72 squareback. (black with the rattle canned rear windows) that i was first converting into a hearse but now am taking the route of putting some old skool letter on the rear windows with my future (up and hopefully coming hot rod shop in the works) garage's name on it and using it as a go getter for parts.

and seeing how it is my daily driver- what better to cruise 'round in as a d.d. than a beat up old vw rodder... economical for gas -it somewhat advertises in the same.

and hey... not sure if you already know about it but check out www.volksrods.com "P!ssin off purists since day one..."

I like the rat bug look. I have a guy who wants to trade me a 64 bug (plus boot) for my 66 fairlane. Was concerned about how dependable those things are? This bug has a 1600 cc engine. Anyone know anything about them?

I have been into VWs for almost 30 years. Just like any other car, keep it maintained and they will run flawless. I have put over 200.000 miles on my 65 sunroof bug running a small stroker engine (1850cc) and would run low 15's. I have ran mid 6's in the 1/8 in my drag bugs with out any kind of power adder, just good ole VW power.:D Here is my white bug with the little engine in it.
Tim

Attachments

• sgarace.jpg
    sgarace.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 8
hell yeah. some people hate the idea of roddin out volks' but i love em.

got a 72 squareback. (black with the rattle canned rear windows) that i was first converting into a hearse but now am taking the route of putting some old skool letter on the rear windows with my future (up and hopefully coming hot rod shop in the works) garage's name on it and using it as a go getter for parts.

and seeing how it is my daily driver- what better to cruise 'round in as a d.d. than a beat up old vw rodder... economical for gas -it somewhat advertises in the same.

and hey... not sure if you already know about it but check out www.volksrods.com "P!ssin off purists since day one..."

I had a 72 squareback back in the 1980's. If I hadn't gotten rearended at 100mph by a drunk in a 71 Dodge Charger I'd still own it today. :( I sure miss that VW! Bright orange with a automatic - probably the most fun of any car I ever owned. [cl It saved my life in that wreck. We rolled 7 times!! Don't ever let anybody ever tell you they aren't strong little cars cause they are! There was nothing left of it but it held together enough to keep us from being killed.

I had a 72 squareback back in the 1980's. If I hadn't gotten rearended at 100mph by a drunk in a 71 Dodge Charger I'd still own it today. :( I sure miss that VW! Bright orange with a automatic - probably the most fun of any car I ever owned. [cl It saved my life in that wreck. We rolled 7 times!! Don't ever let anybody ever tell you they aren't strong little cars cause they are! There was nothing left of it but it held together enough to keep us from being killed.

HAH! mine was bright orange! actually had two a 71 and 72. 71 is now scrapped and only own one car now.

hey there, been a bug man for mucho years. like anything else with proper maintainance they go forever, fixes are usually easy and still pretty cheap. want to see some other cut up bugs check out volksrods.com. want any specific contact me always happy to help
Dave

Latest posts

Back