Walmart car videos on sale.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

I'm not sure if all the Walmarts have the same videos that they discontinue at the same time, but I thought I would mention it to you guys in case your local one is doing the same thing as our local store.

My Son Dan went to Walmart the other night and they have that big table in the front of the store where they sell close out videos at $ 5 each. He dug through and found 3 car related ones, two were on Austin Speed Shop and one was on hot rods and customs. Tonight we watched the first one which is a how to video where Jesse Jamse shares a lot of his fabricating tricks.

Now, I am not normally a fan of Jesse, as you know from previous threads, but in this video he was a totally different guy. Humble, not being a smart***, and actually being kind and complimentary to the other guys who work at Austin Speed Shop. If he was like this all the time I could actually warm up to him. :) Both Dan and I said that if they would just do a tv show like this video (no drama, no BS, just solid building stuff) that it would be a hit.

Here is the video we watched tonight and we really learned a lot from it. Like him or not, he IS a talented welder and fabricator, and he showed a lot of that in this video. Just thought I would mention it so you guys might be able to score some cool videos cheap.

Don

videos003.jpg

Oh, the sku on the box that the store might be able to put into their system and tell you if they have it is 7 1192920030 2

the only thing he did, well had done was the 54 chevy on monster garage, then get off tv. the man can do some really good work, but there is no way i would ever be in the same shop with him.

the only thing he did, well had done was the 54 chevy on monster garage, then get off tv. the man can do some really good work, but there is no way i would ever be in the same shop with him.

Yeah, I understand, I don't care for his arrogance and attitude toward other people. But I was surprised that in this video he actually shed that fake bad boy stuff and was pretty decent.

I know a lot of what we see of him on TV is just Hollywood stuff, but I have seen enough of him on the screen to know there is some truth to him not being a "pleasant" person at times. He is not on my bucket list of 1,000 people I must have a beer with before I die. But the video was really good and he spent a lot of time explaining how to do things. We picked up a few tricks we are going to use.

Don

I went into Walmart once and swore I would never go back. Good score on the DVD's though. I wonder what happened to JJ when he kicked the door in on that paparrazzi who was across the street from his shop?

Didn't find any videos from the famous California Don? I here he's the best - read it on E-bay.

Both Dan and I said that if they would just do a tv show like this video (no drama, no BS, just solid building stuff) that it would be a hit.

It's called This Old House and has been on for 30 years now. Yeah, I wish all these 'reality' BS car shows would figure out there is a market for how-to knowledge without fake deadlines and drama.

JJ - talented, slight jerk - magnified greatly by TV. (dead horse)

Well, I went to hell, more comercially known as Walmart. Spent an hour digging through both the $5 bins of DVDs. Nada, zip, zero, nothing.

I cursed Dons name like he stole my mama's purse, all the way home. :D

Aw, Man, I'm sorry. :( I just figured all the Walmarts had the same inventory and same closeouts. When I worked in retail the home office would send lists to all the stores and we would all do the same markdowns and sales.

We watched the second video the other night, and it was pretty good too. It had Gene Winfield and Bill Hines in it, but mostly featured Ian Roussell (sp?). What was funny was it showed Bill Hines at like 90 years old climbing up and laying on the trunk of a car while he was chopping it ! :eek: God bless him,

The 3rd video we haven't watched yet but it is by JJ and he is showing how to build bomber seats.

Again, sorry for the false alarm. I was hoping you guys could get these too. But it is nice to visit Walmart occasionally because when you leave you feel so "normal". :D

Don

Hes the worlds biggest hypocrite.

He was mayor when he and Charles Keating (worlds second biggest) prosecuted Larry Flynt for morality and decency charges.

At least Larry admits hes a degenerate. :cool:

choppintops, I just found out tonight I may have sent you off on a wild goose chase for those videos. :eek: When we left the shop tonight we stopped at the Walmart Grocery Store (not the usual Walmart store, but the one that sells only groceries) and there was a huge bin of all kinds of DVD's there. My Son told me THAT is where he got the 3 videos he bought. I told him I thought he meant the regular Walmart and he said no, the grocery store. :eek:

So maybe they send the discontinued videos to the grocery stores because this bin was probably 6 feet x 6 feet and it had so many videos in it that it was hard for me to dig through it tonight. I only spent a few minutes there because it was late and we hadn't eaten dinner, but I did find one video we didn't have, about Mopars. You will have to dig through Shrek and Scarey Movie II videos, but there are some car ones in there too, at least in our store.

If you have a Walmart grocery store near you that might be the place you guys want to check for these videos. And if you don't find any they do have chocolate chip cookies on sale right now. :D

Don

I'm in Indiana and have never saw a wal mart that just has grocierys. Interesting... If anyone finds doubles I will buy them and pay for the ride... Thanks

I found all 3 videos Don is talking about at the super Walmart, If anyone wants them I will go see if there are any left. $5.00 each and shipping cost.

So it does look like the stores in other areas are carrying them, not just here in Ft. Myers. Good.

I guess Walmart hasn't put just their grocery stores up in all States. We have two locally, besides several regular Walmarts too. I will look at the bins to see if there are any more of the videos Dan found, and if so I will buy a few and offer them at cost + shipping to anyone on here. They will fit in the smallest Post Office flat rate box so the ride won't be more than maybe $7.00, if I recall their rate structure.

We have now watched all 3 videos and there wasn't a bad one in the bunch. We watched the one last night JJ did on how to make bomber seats and it was very good. In the two videos we watched that he did he was actually not being a jerk and was nice to the guys who work for him and taught them a lot of tricks. I have to admit he really knows his way around steel and aluminum fabrication, and we learned a lot from both videos.

Don

Latest posts

Back