Wanted: Pipes

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DOWNLOW

My brother passed away in early October, When my family and I were sorting through all the stuff that had collected over the last 46 years, I ran across a photograph of a 67 chevelle that he used to have when he was in his 20's, he had a pair of pipes on it, I think they were made by Thrush called "zoomies" or "zoom pipes", I can remember seeing them in the old J.C. Whitney catalogs back in the 70's and 80's, They were like a pair of reverse headers that had a collector that split into four seperate pipes that stuck out from under the body in front of the rear tires, you could get different tips to put on them. I have searched swap meets and the internet but can't find anything on them. Does anyone remember these or know where I could get any information on them? I have created a solid model of them in Autocad and will try to attach a rendering of it to this post.
Z PIPES.jpg

I remember them, and I think J.C. Whitney is right, but I have not seen them in years. I was thinking they were more of a simple split from a single pipe with 3 "t"s and an "L".

I remember those. A fella in the neighborhood had a set on a 67' Camaro. Don't know of anyone else using them though. Haven't seen em since the early 70'.

Haven't seen those in years & no clue on where to find a set shy of making them.

Latest posts

Back