Wasn't very smart last night.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

Last night my Son Dan and I took our roadsters out for a late night bite to eat. On the way home he was in front of me and we stopped at a light. Some black Lexus kinda car (I don't know any cars anymore) pulled up next to him. Not a bad looking car, nice rims, swoopy styling and two exhaust sticking out the back.

When the light changed Dan pulled out easy but since his headers are basically open it sounds like you are pushing it harder than you are. I see the Lexus thingie take off like a bat out of hell and pull ahead of Dan. So I am thinking to myself "I bet he actually thinks he beat Dan !" Since I couldn't let that happen I drove around Dan in the first lane, sped up, and rode beside Mr. L until we got to the next light.

Now, my car has no traction in first gear and doesn't start to hook until half way through second, so when the light changed I semi eased it out of the hole, shifted into second, and buried my foot into the two fours. Both rear tires lit up but I shot ahead of Mr L and then I felt the rear of my car start to come sideways to the right, more than usual. :eek: I had to get out of it to keep from losing control, and frankly, it scared me a little........ok, more than a little ! :eek:

At the next light Mr. L eased out and didn't want to play anymore, and neither did I because I kept looking for red lights in the mirror. Luckily, there were none, and when we got our cars back to the shop Dan said he had never seen my car get that out of shape before and he thought I had lost it.

Not the smartest thing to do and I rarely pull those kinds of stunts. I am just glad it didn't end up worse. I think it is that bad Tripper influence. [ddd:D

Don

LOL, that is so funny. As I was reading your story I was thinking "Hmmm, Don has been reading too many Tripper road stories" :p

I have a kit for that. (Not that I condone this sort of thing.[ddd:D)

4L_bottle_l.jpg

11231991.jpg

PJHSP162.jpg

558943_393890860686058_1415457366_n.jpg

Sounds like you just need a wider tire!

Yeah, I do. If I run at the Billetproof Drags again I am going to get some real slicks. The 8 inch Firestone slicks I ran last time weren't much better than my street tires. My 60 foot times were terrible and I didn't start to hook until half way through second, but at least the car wasn't too squirrelly.

Don

Yeah, I do. If I run at the Billetproof Drags again I am going to get some real slicks. The 8 inch Firestone slicks I ran last time weren't much better than my street tires. My 60 foot times were terrible and I didn't start to hook until half way through second, but at least the car wasn't too squirrelly.

Don

Perhaps a taller roll bar too, unless thats just for looks, your head is taller than the roll bar... :eek:

sportsman_sr_rear.jpg

Hey Don...
thats why I raced on local dirt oval for years(took that edge off)....I drive like I am 90 years old on the street....too many crazy folks doing everything but driving these days...God was good to you on that one thats for sure....

MikeC

Latest posts

Back