We caught a shoplifter !!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

I work in a retail marine store and we lose a lot of product to theft. Every day I find some empty packaging stuffed behind something and our company refuses to give us enough payroll to adequately staff the store so we can watch what customers are up to.

Monday, it all changed ! :D A young guy comes in and the first words out of his mouth when I offered to help him was "I just have a little Jon boat, but I like looking at this stuff." Then a few minutes later I find a couple hundred dollar shore power adapter sitting where it didn't belong, so I started to put it back, but he says "Oh, that is mine, I set it there because I don't have a cart !"

I went and got him a cart and now the flags are going up because what does a guy with a Jon boat need that for ? So I got on the radios we all carry and tell everyone working that we have someone we have to watch. He continued to shop and we were on him like white on rice, staying close and watching him. More stuff went into the cart and he walked up and down every aisle several times in the half hour he was in there.

One of my coworkers saw him put a Leatherman knife set under his shirt, and then the guy asked where the dressing room is so he can try on a pair of shorts. While he was in there I watched him because the panel on that room doesn't go all the way to the floor, so I could see his feet. He was in there for a while and when he came out all the stuff in the cart was gone and his backpack looked pretty full.

I called the police and they got there in about a minute. One cop walked up to him and asked to speak with him and he got all defensive. The cop said "We want to look into your backpack," and they took him aside to check it out. He said "Well, I have some items in there because I didn't want to carry them in my hands (but he had a shopping cart :rolleyes:)

Long story short, they found $ 486.00 worth of product in his bag and they found the knife stuffed down the front of his pants, so he left in handcuffs. [cl[cl We all felt so great because this is the first time we actually caught one of these lowlifes, and we are pressing charges. Since it is over $400 it is a felony, and they have him on $10,000 bond.

Oh, and I said to the one cop " I notice you are hauling people out of the grocery store at least once a week" and he said, "That is nothing, we arrest 5 -6 people a day at Walmart !" :eek:

At least we got one idiot off the streets for a while ! [cl[cl[cl

Don

Hell Yes [cl[cl[cl[cl[cl[cl[cl[cl[cl[cl press away ,,, I have one of my family members away from her home and every time I go to the house to cut grass or anything I get sick to my stomach thinking did anyone steel something down here .. or break in

they are everywhere don. we had a man working with us for years, we knew he was a thief but never could catch him. well that changed just after the 4 of july. over the hoilday he was seen by another worker and while they were talking he looked over in the back of his truck, and saw some bottom track (crawler) rollers and some 8d batteries. it rocked on almost a week the the boss told him he could quit or go up on charges. he quit, and may still go up on charges as he is trying to get unemployment. turns out he has sheets in washington state, and california too.

Haha, I pulled up this guy's name today and his arrest record, this wasn't his first rodeo. He was just arrested 7/10/14 for solicitation of prostitution, and back in Feb 2014 for grand theft auto. He is 29 and has a record back to when he was 19, so I guess he hasn't learned anything, there was even some battery in there.

The funny part was, his trial date was scheduled for 7/29 on the solicitation charge, and we had him arrested on the 28th, so they didn't have to go too far to find him, he is still in custody. [cl[cl[cl

What a loser. If you are going to be a criminal, at least be a GOOD criminal. :rolleyes:

Don

We were just talking about this at lunch today at work. A transvestite was found burned to death and they arrested the guy who did it. He has been arrested over 40 times and was still out on the street ! There was also a 16 year old kid who has been arrested 57 times for stealing cars. Wouldn't you think after the first 56 times some Judge would say there is no hope for this guy and he would put him away for a long time ?

But just let you or me jaywalk and we would be doing time !

Don

Hate to be less than PC but frontier justice needs to prevail...our criminal justice system just doesn't deter much!

Latest posts

Back