We Lost Another Old Hotrod Lover.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rex1927

My Father, a true hotrod lover and builder died 12/10/10.
Since the year 2000 he has built 2 coupes , a sedan,roadster,roadster pickup, a 1960 falcon,built a woodie and sold it,etc,etc.In his shop right now are 2 complete 1927 Ford woodie bodys with 3 inch chop.One is on a rolling frame.Fenders,hoods etc, are in there too.
Third week of october he was still feeling good and we were working on cars.He was even planning a TT truck project this spring,Then he was gone.
Cars and parts are safe for now.He gave them to me.My brother is encouraging me to finish them and wants to help,so no problems there.
Right now our mother needs us most of all.
I will finish them later on if a new development going in next door does not give us trouble.We have fences up,but the 3 story houses look right over them into our parts storage.They will be finished in a month or so.We are expecting big trouble.If we are forced to move everything I have no idea what will happen to it.We have nowhere to move it.
My father has had his shop here behind his house since 1954,but we are expecting trouble anyway.Maybe we will get lucky and have no trouble.
Anyway, I will carry on with my fathers passion if developers next door will let me.[;)

God bless Him

The cool thing is that I'm sure there are hot rods in heaven and your dad is living in paradise..... my condolences to the family and keep it alive by continuing to pursue what your dad loved... it's a passion that never dies.... good luck with the neighbor issue..... Lord knows that some just don't get the car thing and view it as a blight.... hopefully someone who moves in will also be a car guy.....
Peace brother, be there for mom.....

D***, life is so short. :( So very sorry to hear about your Dads passing. It sounds like he enjoyed his time here right up to the end, and that is of some comfort, I bet. So many people don't get that chance, but he sounds like he lived every day to the fullest, and left behind a great family who will carry on his passions.

Isn't it a kick in the butt that you guys were there a long time before the new development came, and now YOU are the ones being forced out? :mad: I hate when things like that happen. I would think you should be grandfathered in or something, have you talked to an Attorney or the city officials? I would look for at least some extensions in time to get things done. If you were some big corporation you can bet the government would give you all the time you needed.

Best wishes for you and your family in this difficult time. You Mom will need a lot of time and help right now to get through this, and it sounds like the good Son you are you will be there for her. Our prayers are with you.

Don

Latest posts

Back