We made it!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotrod preacher

"Official RRR Chaplain"
some of you may remember that the wife & i have been "discussing" issues concerning life & marriage.... well even though the last few months have been a roller coaster ride of emotion and stress, we made it to our 15th wedding anniversary!

it seemed as if we would not make it to this point just a few months ago... so needless to say, i am glad to be here! lol :D

:cool:HRP

some of you may remember that the wife & i have been "discussing" issues concerning life & marriage.... well even though the last few months have been a roller coaster ride of emotion and stress, we made it to our 15th wedding anniversary!

it seemed as if we would not make it to this point just a few months ago... so needless to say, i am glad to be here! lol :D

:cool:HRP

You make it sound like she was going to kill you off.
Seriously, good for you both. Relationships are a huge amount of work sometimes. Everytime I get in a position to potentially start a new relationship, I shudder when I think of where they lead and bolt for the door.

Good for you, Preacher. Relationships are hard and the grass always seems greener on the other side of the fence, but as someone who was married for 28 years then divorced I can tell you being single isn't always the solution. My ex now looks back and realizes she made a mistake but it is too late to go back now.

Hope you report back next year and the year after that you two reached another anniversary and are more in love than ever.:D

Don

Come back and tell me when you hit 36.......if you aren't looney as a jaybird....I know I am.....lol

kidding......[cl
that's 5 weeks away for me. She's the best thing that ever happened to me, even if she doesnt fill my EVERY expectation. I'm sure I dont fill hers either. It's all about patience, forgiveness, and respect. Keep at it. You'll be fine.:)

23 years now, no visible scars and hardly any bloodshed :)

I knew it wasn't going to be easy, but I didn't know it was gonna be this hard. My wife just went through (still is, actually) the "Change Of Life" and let me tell you, some girls it doesn't seem to affect... my wife was NOT one of those girls!!!! [ddd[ddd[ddd

Come back and tell me when you hit 36.......if you aren't looney as a jaybird....I know I am.....lol

kidding......[cl

...started out that way, myself lol

Good job HRP I knew you could do it

thanks, but i dont want to take the credit myself...or the responsibility! lol :D

thanks everyone for the words of encouragement! :cool:

I'm very happy for you - and glad you are taking the time & energy to make it better instead of throwing in the towel. It seems too many people these days are too quick to give up on marriage. Just my $.02.

Latest posts

Back