wear sunblock

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilD

Kinda jumping on the band wagon here. Im 42 and just had to have treatments for skin cancer because like a lot of people I just did things outside without thinking about what the sun was doing to my skin. Guess I figured if I wasn't burning then all was well. Treatment was painful and ugly. Take my advice and cover yourselves out there

Always been one of my fears & why I gave up on roadsters! Hope everything turns out well for ya LilD!

BoB

Everythings good for now. They did a scan and found all the spots and froze them with liquid nitrogen. They use what I would call a pressure pot to spray the spots and it freezes the skin, it blisters, scabs and then falls off leaving new skin formed that's cancer free. What I had was very minor but if I had let it go it could've went deeper into the tissue and I would've had to have surgery to remove it.

I'm putting off getting some spots looked at right now, and I know I should be making an appointment. Too many years of fishing all day in the hot Florida sun and driving my roadsters.:(

Don

I waited too long and had a big gouge taken out of my cheek. Now, every year I go in and have some spots frozen off my face and arms. And I use strong sun block. This is Basal Cell cancer which is not too dangerous and is not life threatening. Watch out for angry looking moles on your skin as that can be very dangerous Melanoma.

Nobody wants to hear the word cancer no matter what it is. Simple like mine or not, its just tough to take. But guys, if you have any question get to the doc. It could get worse. Hopefully not but youll never know if you don't get checked out. Having some spots frozen is a lot less painfull, time consuming and cheaper than surgery.

Latest posts

Back