Wed. Night on the River

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Race of Gentlemen

This Deuce Coupe that my young friend Jeff a.k.a. Titus is putting together will be running at the Race of Gentlemen in a couple weeks. The annual event is held on the Jersey shore and only very traditional hot rods and bikes are allowed

Shut Out at Gruber's

There were No cars at Gruber's, Just family sedans. Probably because it rained like a mother all day and Greg's road is torn up for repaving.
So, here's a pic of Greg's Anglia project It's "up in the air" when he'll finish it.

Frankinsteiner's Ball

Over 1,000 cars by 10:00. I couldn't get in with my Tub. Most everyone had candy in front of their cars There was costume contests for kids and adults and door prizes all day. Kinda liked this guy's costume.

Gatling guns for exhaust with ammo boxes nearby.

This car is truly innovative.

Now that's low! Yes, normal size people fit in this big block Chevy.

Last edited:
Good pics... Why didn't you get in Bob?

Too cool? Intimidated the others... Probably

Corpo, It filled up fast. The whole darn fairgrounds. It took an hour to go the last mile to get to the overflow parking lot. I finally went down a bike path (big fine for that, but I didn't get caught) to get to a parking place. Visited with some people I know and two cars I built were there. So, overall, I had a good time.
I left at 1:30 and there still was a mile log line of spectator cars trying to park. I'd say the show was a success.

Swap Meet Today

Went to very big swap meet today. This event signals the end of the rodding season in Minnesota. Here's some of the "projects".

Being an end of the year swap meet there's lots of guys just getting rid of stuff. Not all professional swappers and Chinese tool vendors. Plus, you get in free if you drive a roadster. I went with my friend in his '29A roadster pickup. A little chilly with morning temps in the high 30's. I bought some little stuff, the prize being this Firestone palm size art deco defroster blower.

Latest posts

Back