Weekend, Fun With Holes

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My remark about folks not caring about a trailer build wasn't intended to sound like a crabby old guy whining. I just mean't that with all the really cool stuff being shown on RRR that a trailer build is pretty basic and not very exciting. It is actually fun to do (it's my first trailer build in 40 years) because there's a lot af progress in a day. That's not always true building a car.

Warning!!! Trailer Update...
I went to the steel yard and a 24 foot stick of 2" by 4", 1/8" wall was $160.00. I guess it is not possible to build a cheap trailer. At least the steel was stamped 'USA' so I'm hoping it is good stuff. In the pic you can see the (to the right) pivot point for the tilt feature. The front pin holds the bed to the sub frame. I came up about 5 feet short on 2 by 4 so back to the shorts rack at the yard tomorrow. Then, it's fenders, lights, hold downs, mini ramps, tilt jack, tongue jack, cable winch, paint, etc.
2008_0710box0003.jpg

Tracy,
I bought 9-12 foot long pallet rack beams for $130.00. Found them on Craig's List. They are 6" deep and 2 1/2" wide, with a step for the wood to set in. With 4 of them running full length, it should support my 2,000 pound drag Crosley easily.
Bob

Latest posts

Back