weiand Tunnelram ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chopper tom

Way too young to be a hippy!
Heah all .I have a weiand tunnelram for a smallblcok chevy and i would like to put it on my T- bucket but i wanna put the single 4 bl top on it ?
Does any one know where to get a single 4 top for this thing ???
Also i have the two 600 hollys on the two 4 top that i would like to'' jet down'' as much as possible for the street,any one have any tips ,suggestions or ideas ?
Also is there any one running the two fours on a ram on there rat and having any luck with it on the street? :rolleyes:

yes, my buddy is running a weiland tunnel ram with 2 450 holleys and is having a really hard time with it right now, its idles in park but as soon as he puts it in gear it stalls, wont idle at all in gear, i have a post on in right now in the tec support, its 2 carbs wont idle, check it out

The way original tunnel ram intakes were designed, with open plenum chambers on top of those tall runners, was for mid-high RPM range...getting on to run on the street, during everyday-style traffic, (start-stop-slow down), is VERY tricky...

...I would start with a single 4-bbl top and probably a 450 cfm carb, and go from there...it's going to be alot of trial & errror with jetting, and different heat range plugs, possibly 2-3 different heat ranges of plugs all in the same motor at once...

...of course, all of this is also dependant on which cam and ignition set-up you have too...

...single 4-bbl tunnel ram tops show up on eBay all the time, but usually end up going for just as much, or more, that a whole 2-4 bbl intake base & top...

I've been running a Weiand Tunnel Ram with 2 450 Holleys for over 15 years. Never a problem! Idle quality depends on how you set up your car. I degreed the cam, tuned the carbs to fit my motor and have been running ever since. I love the look of a tunnel and at 1st I wondered what type of problems I would encounter. If you tune it correctly, no problems. I don't particularly like Holleys to begin with, but I can't seem to get a pair of Carters I have to work right, so I keep the Holleys. I also DRIVE my car, not trailer it. :D...CR

dont know if it will work or not but i have a friend buliding a rod and he has a dual 4 tunnel ram and he plans on using two 350 two barrel motorcrafts just because he has them and he thought it would be different:confused:

I have been wanting to try useing two one barrel's off my old 50 chevy ?
I did make an adapter plate and tryed one on a 350 chevy and it ran really well but could'nt figure out the throtle cable hook up?

dont know if it will work or not but i have a friend buliding a rod and he has a dual 4 tunnel ram and he plans on using two 350 two barrel motorcrafts just because he has them and he thought it would be different:confused:

I'm that guy.:D Yea gonna use 2 2bbl carbs mainly cuz thats what I have and with the bottom end I got I figured it should be around 650 cfm wich I figured would be better than 2 450 holley's. If ya want a single 4 top for that tunnel ram just check ebay, you can usually find a top fairly reasonable sometimes. I may go that route if the dual 2's don't work, time will tell.

Latest posts

Back