Weird people

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
I went to gas up the hotrod last evening. The guy across the pump from me is staring, I just ignored him and pumped the gas, washed the windshield. So he moved over to my side and kinda glared/stared to make sure I noticed him. I finally looked up and nodded. He said, "just looking at your car". I said something like "yeah, it's pretty easy to look at I guess". Then he says "ain't much there to look at". I just turned and went in to pay for my gas, left him standing there. Not sure what his game was, weirdo I guess. I just didn't feel like engaging him and further.

I drove mine to the parts house last week and a guy came up and said he had one just like mine, years ago. He said mine must be a different year model because his had front fenders on it. I was in the right mood and told him I thought they were an option in '61. He very seriously said "probably".
It was one of those "wow" moments.

i have only gotten one outright rude comment from a stranger
some sheepdip walked up to me in a parking lot
him- what do you call THAT?
me- i call it a 1927 chevy hotrod. why..what did YOU build?
that shut him up
at shows i have gotten plenty of snotty looks from the old guys with the hyper pristine candy-colored rods
my wife calls em fag cars. :D

replies come from all ages

Was at a event Saturday. We were sitting on the patio of my truck. A little boy abt 6 yo. stopped and was looking at it. I asked if he wanted to buy it. His reply was, if i did i'd get rid of all the junk on it, why i asked, so i can haul hay!!!! Highlite of my day.

7 years ago I had a guy come up to me at a bike show that I had a bike in. He said, I can't believe you have Harley decals on your bike. I said ,why? He said ,"that engine doesn't look anything like mine, and mine is a Harley. " I told him that mine is a Shovelhead . He said, that's what I thought, so why the Harley decals then?" Holy crap! Now, this guy was wearing Harley jeans, vest,boots, and even one of those pre wind blown sleeveless shirts. Some folks should just keep their mouths shut. Haha

Yeah, the world is chock full of AH's! Guy probably can't even change his own oil! [S

Zipper

Yeah, the world is chock full of AH's! Guy probably can't even change his own oil! [S

Zipper

You know, I used to own a bike shop down in Texas. You would be surprised at how many plain oil changes I did on scooters . I used to have guys come to my shop and actually pay me to bolt chrome goodies on their bikes. I mean, good grief , a chrome air cleaner cover? Really?

image.jpg
Did they look like this?

7 years ago I had a guy come up to me at a bike show that I had a bike in. He said, I can't believe you have Harley decals on your bike. I said ,why? He said ,"that engine doesn't look anything like mine, and mine is a Harley. " I told him that mine is a Shovelhead . He said, that's what I thought, so why the Harley decals then?" Holy crap! Now, this guy was wearing Harley jeans, vest,boots, and even one of those pre wind blown sleeveless shirts. Some folks should just keep their mouths shut. Haha

That's funny!

I had a guy tell me his bike could make more horse power than mine because his tuner had more setting on the piggy back tuner than any other.[S I guess that is like Spinal Taps amps that go to 11.

Latest posts

Back