Welding up Seams ?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banjoman

Im thinking of welding up the seams on the front of my 46 International Pickup, I know that you dont want to do it all in one pass and do a little bit and move to another area to keep the heat(warping) down, are there any other tricks that would help me?? Thanks Bill

I have not heard much from you.... hope things are good.
A wet rag will do a couple of things, it cools the metal down right after you weld, and it kind of tempers or hardens the metal as you go. Go slow, take plenty of time.

I would tack it every inch or two but not in progressive order, jump around to minimize heat in one area. Then I would come back and stitch weld it starting about half way between tacks and work my way toward a tack, then jump around like you did when tacking. Repeat until done. Use the wet rag too.[;)

Hey bonehead, nice to hear from you, the last two years
Ive had neck surgery and back surgery and now Im ready to get back to workin on my truck. thank you guys for the help, I hate to see those seams and I think im gonna get to welding. Never heard of the wet rag, I will try that. What about soldering?? Ive seen the old school guys doing it, would that work? or welding is better?

Latest posts

Back