Well I guess it's started

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dirtyrat

Started with her at age 14, put together her first car, 70 camaro, drove it five yrs, not tickets or wrecks and she could talk the boys under the table about her 350/350 posi and how hard it is to repair rust. She had a lot of friend boys in high school.[;)

Floor time

I mentioned this on the what did you do thread but i should keep the build thread up to date so:
Got the old repair panel out, they used an old hood i think[S cut all the rust out, the supports are not to bad. New panels fit pretty well, thier made you know where :cool: but thats about all you can get at a decent price. Monday Em gets to weld it all together [cl
I'll be working on the suspension stuff over the weekend

Everyone have a great weekend
We're enjoying a heat wave here in So.Cal. :( for us 104 yesterday only 102 today [cl

Attachments

• spr 0198.jpg
    spr 0198.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 71
  • spr 0200.jpg
    spr 0200.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 71
  • spr 0203.jpg
    spr 0203.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 69
  • spr 0204.jpg
    spr 0204.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 64
  • spr 0197.jpg
    spr 0197.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 91
Hi Soltz,
We had the hottest day yesterday, too, I bet it was 83 degrees F. I was just sweatin'.
How long did you guys take to get the floor tacked in, just one week-end? I have a '57 Ford Fairlane to do in the future and you made it look easy.
I also have two daughters, one that became a farmer when she was little and one that add gas to her car and sometimes checks the oil. When it comes to fixing though, I hear 'Daddy' a lot.
Keep on tinkering.

Mercury Man, yes just one day to trim and fit it in. I screw it in for fitting so I can make mistakes. The big part is cutting out the old stuff and leaving the supports, doing it from the bottom, having the body off and on the rotisserie makes it pretty easy, another day for final welding[S Also I used a bottle jack to push it down for a tight fit then screwed it If your doing it lying on your back it will be a little harder. Good luck with it.

Mercury Mac

My pleasure, here a some pix of mine and the ones i copied it from, hope they help. [S
It's so eazy a girl can do it. [cl
Good luck, let me know if i can help [;)

Attachments

• rotisserie 1.jpg
    rotisserie 1.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 76
  • rotisserie 2.jpg
    rotisserie 2.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 73
  • spr 0173.jpg
    spr 0173.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 65
  • spr 0174.jpg
    spr 0174.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 64
  • spr 0179.jpg
    spr 0179.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 64
  • spr 0184.jpg
    spr 0184.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 103
Hi 42, I have to admit that '57 Chevies are the least yuccy of all Chev cars.

That dang Soltz scared me, when he just made a rotisserie and put a new floor in a vehicle in a week-end. Now I will have to, in this '57, and no more excuses.

Mac (if i may call you that, it's easier to type) not quit a week-end. getting them in and finishing it all is a little more envolved but we are making headway.
Working in the bottme side now.
Getting the suspension cleaned up and the airbagit kit is on the way, my first time i hope it's gentle. [S

Attachments

• spr 0218.jpg
    spr 0218.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 68
  • spr 0220.jpg
    spr 0220.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 68
  • spr 0221.jpg
    spr 0221.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 66
  • spr 0222.jpg
    spr 0222.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 63
And The Soga Continues

Got the floor all welded in, seal the seams and undercoat and done
The bag kit showed up today, as soon a Em finishes cleaning the frame and i get the new bushings in we'll start assembly [P

Attachments

• spr 0234.jpg
    spr 0234.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 64
  • spr 0240.jpg
    spr 0240.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 67
  • spr 0238.jpg
    spr 0238.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 81
More getting done

Well the bag kit came in. I went with airbagit.com, if your thinking of getting any thing from them give me a PM and i'll give you a little insight.
Any way so after some thinkn and tweekn the fronts are in and seem to work fine. Now on to the back but, have to take the wife on a family visit vacation, i'll get to it after the first of the month.

Attachments

• spr 0240.jpg
    spr 0240.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 53
  • spr 0243.jpg
    spr 0243.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 55
  • spr 0247.jpg
    spr 0247.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 60
airbagit isn't too bad I didn't think. I use their D2600 bags and picked up some of their valves and a compressor from one of my buddies. The compressor is a beast and pulls a TON of power.... but it works like a champ.

Hi Soltz, I'm beginning to think that all us builders forget that life keeps happening in the outside world, and sometimes we have to be part of that life. Go on the holiday and enjoy it, then come back refreshed and get to work! Keep on tinkering.

Mercury Mac, thats what i'm a doing [cl

Neverydone, the parts look ok it's the one costom adaptor that did'nt work and no one there could give me any help [S So i made it work my way:cool:

Latest posts

Back