Well I may be looking for a job

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnparts

I guess the economy is hitting the repair/custom business hard in my area. My boss mentioned he might have to lay someone off and since I'm the highest paid guy here ti makes sence that it would be me. So does anyone in the illinois area need a really good fabricator and mechanic?

Hey don't feel bad, I was just informed on the 15th that after Dec. 7th my position (Customer Service Rep.) with our company will not longer be in existence. They are opening up a Customer Call Center in Fla. and doing away with my job at the different locations through out the US. It sucks! Here it is Christmas time and we have 3 teenagers to buy Christmas for. No one around here is hiring right now because it is the holidays. Go figure. Stressed?!?....I have put a new meaning to 'stressed' here lately and there will probably be more to come before it is all over! :eek:

Good luck to you and I hope you don't get the Axe like I have.

Well We just had our morning meeting and I'm getting laid off for a few weeks until we see if anything shows up at the shop.

I am sorry to hear that, hopefully it will pick up quite a bit so you can go back! Good Luck!

Sorry to hear of the lay offs. Why does it always have to be this time of year?

Reason, too bad you are not closer to Birmingham, could have given you a lead.

Oh man, well there is no way I could work or be close to B'ham, the driving there just about gives me a heart attack everytime I have to go up there. :eek: Atlanta traffic is not as bad as B'ham! LOL
Does that lead have anything in or around Montgomery?

Attn: Reason4

I may have a lead for you.....Saw an ad on a website for a "customer Service Rep." in Montgomery Alabama......

The ad reads:

"Customer Service Reps to work full time and part time Monday through Friday. Paid training. No sales involved. To apply please call - (403) 383-8924 Mon-Fri 9:00am to 5:00pm Location: Montgomery Alabama"

I don't know anything else about it, but when I saw it I thought it might be worth a shot for you. Hope this helps. -
HRR

Oh man, well there is no way I could work or be close to B'ham, the driving there just about gives me a heart attack everytime I have to go up there. :eek: Atlanta traffic is not as bad as B'ham! LOL
Does that lead have anything in or around Montgomery?

Sorry, the company I work for has branchs in B'ham and Mobile. Looks like ur in the middle.

I think a lot of businesses slow for the holidays. A shop I worked at always laid off around Xmas for a couple of weeks. My wife's shop closed for 2 weeks during Xmas.

The shop I worked at, I was low man on the totem. However, the bosses didn't want me looking for a new job, so the laid everyone off but kept me working under the table.

Now my wife is thinking about taking a layoff because she wants to change jobs. The mortgage is gonna kill me..........No more cars until I see what happens.

Sorry to hear about the layoffs. My company was bought out last year, and in February me and a bunch of the old employees got the boot. Luckily I could collect for the 6 months until I turned 62, so I retired, but I miss working. I will go back to something, maybe partime, once the first of the year comes.

Regardless of what anyone says, the economy sucks right now. The building industry and home sales here in Fla are non-existant. The commercial park where we have our shop is empty during the work week, and before you couldn't find a parking spot. All these jobs are going to China and Mexico, or even India.

Don

Really sorry to hear about the layoffs. I've been in that position myself. Then I decided to go back to school and change careers.

Now I work for a school district so hopefully I won't have to worry about that.

Good luck to both of you.

Eric

Attn: Reason4

I may have a lead for you.....Saw an ad on a website for a "customer Service Rep." in Montgomery Alabama......

The ad reads:

"Customer Service Reps to work full time and part time Monday through Friday. Paid training. No sales involved. To apply please call - (403) 383-8924 Mon-Fri 9:00am to 5:00pm Location: Montgomery Alabama"

I don't know anything else about it, but when I saw it I thought it might be worth a shot for you. Hope this helps. -
HRR

Thanks for that info, I will call right at 9am to find out more about it. Thanks for keeping me in mind. :)

Even us government employees are immune to the layoff threat. There's the possibility in mid Feb of the Department of the Army having to layoff 100,000+ employees if Congress Dubya can't agree on a budget.

Latest posts

Back