Well, The Big Day Is Here !!!!!!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It took 20 mins to load, but well worth the wait. I have the computer hooked up to surround sound so I was obligated to crank up the audio. That's one sweet ride.

Thanks for sharing.

Strange you should mention the NSRA thing. I went to that show two times, about 15 years ago or so, and both times I ran into some very hard to talk to people there. I hate to generalize, but a few were downright snobbish. I would say something like "nice little Deuce you have there", and they would look at me like "who asked you!!"

I mentioned that to a friend of mine who is a hot rod vendor, and he said of all the shows, he finds that one to have the strangest crowd.....tough to deal with. Another thing that happened was my then wife had a coffee in her hand as we went through the entry gate, and some rent-a-cop yelled at her "hey, put that drink in the garbage can!" He didn't say it too nicely, so I got in his face a little, and they told me you could only have food or drinks you BOUGHT in there.

I may be totally wrong, and only have those two visits to base what I am saying , so I hope things are better now. As for the Turkey Run.......yep. Even if we have to go like we have for the past 7 years, with no rod. My Sons and I have this pact that we leave the women at home, and have been going there for the past 20 years or more. I love it there.

Don

It took 20 mins to load, but well worth the wait. I have the computer hooked up to surround sound so I was obligated to crank up the audio. That's one sweet ride.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for taking all that time to download it. My cats are still traumatized from the open headers. :D:D

Don

Sounds good running, Don. Glad to see you get it running. Coming soon,, a first drive vid.

Thanks guys. Yep, getting it running has really given me a kick in the tail to get it done. All I have to do is brake lines, fuel line, battery cables, and the body can go on. I started working on the brakes tonight, but Dan came over and persuaded me to do some final body prep so we could prime it. I just got in (it's 3:30 AM) but we did it. Got the first three coats of primer on the body. Now I can block it and start filling pin holes with spot putty.

Plan is to maybe have it in paint by next Sunday PM.

Don

Attachments

• t body in primer 005.jpg
    t body in primer 005.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 6
  • t body in primer 007.jpg
    t body in primer 007.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 6
  • t body in primer 008.jpg
    t body in primer 008.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts