Went &looked at Rod projects today-wanna C some pics?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RUMBLON

He says it’s a 42 Studebaker coupe.
DSCF6406.JPG

DSCF6407.JPG

50 chrysler 2 dr. long and kind of cool.
DSCF6438.JPG

DSCF6437.JPG

DSCF6440.JPG

Very Nice !!!

Some very cool stuff there, lots of potential projects. :cool:
Did you get any photos of the 26 Dodge that you looked at?
Also, I didn't know Studes had a 4 lug wheel pattern back then..
Thanks for sharing... '22

Very cool! Any one of those would make a great project. I'm not crazy about the Savoy but all the rest - yes!

Thanks for the pics!

Thunder1

Wow, that 42 Stude is one rare car, only 4600 made. But then again all 1942 cars are rare!! Yes, Studebakers were 4 lug up until the mid 50s I believe. My 50 is a 4 lug.

Thanks for the pics. I would have taken them all home.

Wow, that 42 Stude is one rare car, only 4600 made. But then again all 1942 cars are rare!! Yes, Studebakers were 4 lug up until the mid 50s I believe. My 50 is a 4 lug.

Thanks for the pics. I would have taken them all home.

Can you give me an idea on what the value of the car would be if I were to make him an offer. I am thinking of grabbing 2 or 3 of these projects. Also, I am haing trouble trying to find pics of a 42 Studebaker coupe done or Hotrodden out. I forgot what he was asking for it, believe he wanted like $3500 for it or close to that. H egave some prices for maybe 20 cars, so they all kind of ran together.The car is all there and has only really one dent in the driver side front fender that bad at all. I dont recall if he has a title and it has a broken tail light. But I became a Mopar guy in the 70s because they were different and we were the oddball guys and I like the ole Stude!

I tried to call him today regarding the 39 Dodge and get a price on that as well but hes gone for the holidays.

I am talking with the COE owner tonight, but thats a serious long term project and I have so many ahead of it now.

Dave

That's a really nice looking '30's panel truck in the background. :cool:
Any info on that one ?? :D '22

I recall th eonly panel truck for sale was a 32 Chevy that was made into one. The green one was not for sale. However I didnt ask a lot because he said it wa snot for sale and he sounded like he meant it. He didnt sound so sure on the savoy.
He wants to sell most of whats there, but I didnt see any screaming deals. I thought he said like $3500 for the 42 Stude, but it looked pretty straight and clean. The big ole 2 door 50 chrysler was also a friend and was in the 2K range. The studebucket which was all parts was also in the 3500 range but it looked like a ton of work too.
he has a bunch of parts that he called a 26 Dodge, which was $1300 or so, but it was a TON of work and i coulndt even see a complete car.

He has lots of nice stuff and hes a great guy. I have this 38 plymouth here that I need to do and the COE thing has always been a dream of mine.

RUMBLON

I think $3500 for the Stude is a fair price for that car. It looks to be a all there and in pretty fair condition. Like I said before anything 1942 is pretty rare. But I'd offer him $2000 and have the cash with you. The flash o green is sometimes irresitable. :D

Are these in Nevada or Idaho?

Check out www.carnut.com under "Car Pic Index" every car you can imagine is there.
41s were pretty much the same car.

I own oddballs myself. Mopar stepchildren an AMC and a Rambler. Plus 2 Studebakers and a Dodge, a couple Fords and a Chevy or 2 and......:rolleyes:

I think $3500 for the Stude is a fair price for that car. It looks to be a all there and in pretty fair condition. Like I said before anything 1942 is pretty rare. But I'd offer him $2000 and have the cash with you. The flash o green is sometimes irresitable. :D

Are these in Nevada or Idaho?

Check out www.carnut.com under "Car Pic Index" every car you can imagine is there.
41s were pretty much the same car.

I own oddballs myself. Mopar stepchildren an AMC and a Rambler. Plus 2 Studebakers and a Dodge, a couple Fords and a Chevy or 2 and......:rolleyes:

I wish they were in Idaho, they would be free or $500 or under. I was suppose to move there but cant sell a home right now, so I am HERE FOR ANOTHER 4 OR SO YEARS TO GET A SECOND SMALL RETIREMENT.:(

I did check the 41s but the grille on the 41 are a bit COOLER and more rod looking. I did see a few on carnut BUT NONE WERE DONE HOTRODS. Thats also the site I check before asking.

I totally understand the green and you have uttered my words with people for YEARS. I always hear guys say 'I offered him 2K" BUT none held cash under their noses. And these were guys who were looking at cars they wanted sitting in my shop after I bought them for less than they offered, only I showed them cash and had my trailer and sometgime beer and spent hours there. I usually built the car(always mucle cars mopars) and then gave them 8x10s when done as a momonto. That goes a long way and it gets you referals.

None of these are going far very fast. I have a price on the COE CAB of $800 plus my 392 HEMI moch up motor for it. I may be better off buying the 42 or even the 50 Chrysler.

Dave

Latest posts

Back