Went to the drag races Saturday.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

They were holding the Mustang/ Ford Nationals at Bradenton, Fl this weekend, so my two Sons and I went. WOW ! Saw a lot of great races and tons of wheelstands !

They had two celebrity racers there, Mike Murillo and Boosted GT , both who are on Street Outlaws. There was a one hour line to get a picture with Boosted GT, so we passed on that, but we got to shake Mike Murillo's hand and BS with him for a minute. He is probably the nicest, down to earth guy you could meet, and we got to kid around with him a little. (I told him he was better looking in person than on TV :D)

Mike is one of the guys who has been in this game forever, and here is a YouTube of him running:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxpzzcbfQLs

Mike's car was being rebuilt after a crash, so he didn't get to run, but Boosted GT did run. They showed no time on the board, but his car screamed down the track.

Ford is back in factory racing for sure, their Cobra Jets were running in the low 8's, all of them standing on the rear bumper when they left the line. They only build 50 cars per year and they come with no title.........strictly a factory racer.

I didn't take any pictures, but Don did, so I will get some of them and post them soon. All in all , a great day, and Don got a lot of parts for his Mustang project at the swap meet. He saved a lot of money by not having to pay shipping on big stuff like a glass hood and wheels and tires.

Don

I only got two pictured from my Son so far. First one is my two Sons with Mike Murillo in the middle. Second one is just a general picture of the staging lanes. I'll post more as I get them.

Don

This was when they were staging the Mustang Cobra Jet class. Must have been every Cobra Jet made there that day, even some famous guys like Tasca Ford.

Don...don't you know drag racing is addicting, next thing we know you'll be building a race car, no wait, you are building a race car. Told ya!! Where's those pictures?...[P

Latest posts

Back