West Virginia Fender Law

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antihuman81

I hear alot of people say fenders are required in WV, but cannot find anything in the state code (law) that states this. Anyone know from either getting a ticket for not having them, or from being a LEO? (not talking astrology here..lol) I'm looking for the specific code number on the ticket or what you would be writing on the ticket if you are a LEO. Thanks!

p.s. sorry admins if this is in the wrong place

If it were me , I would roll the dice , take a chance and go without fenders and see . It will definatly look better without them , that's for sure !

I e-mailed the state police asking for "official" references to it, a link, something, what code number they would write on the ticket but I haven't heard back from them yet, just trying all my options first.:D

I e-mailed the state police asking for "official" references to it, a link, something, what code number they would write on the ticket but I haven't heard back from them yet, just trying all my options first.:D

What do you see happening on the highway and at shows ? The people actually doing it in your area will be able to tell you how they are handleing it . I went to the top man in the DMV and had him tell me what I had to have to pass inspection . He said fenders were necessary ,so when I went for inspection I had fenders . However there are many many rods running around with out fenders , every one I asked said there was no hassle , so I removed the fenders and this is my fourth season with out them and no hassels so far .

What do you see happening on the highway and at shows ? The people actually doing it in your area will be able to tell you how they are handleing it . I went to the top man in the DMV and had him tell me what I had to have to pass inspection . He said fenders were necessary ,so when I went for inspection I had fenders . However there are many many rods running around with out fenders , every one I asked said there was no hassle , so I removed the fenders and this is my fourth season with out them and no hassels so far .

neon underbody, vinyl graphics, and fart cans, thats what I see on the highway..lol Havent been to a show in a while, been working too much.

Sooooo, it seems that they are required, finally found what I needed.......... being that the ride height has been modified I have to get a Modified Inspection sticker, provisions in that state fender covering tread 15deg. forward and 75deg. back on each tire. Also must have a hood:(, and any exposed exhuast must be shielded if in an area that it could be touched by a bystander:mad:, Looks like alot of [;) to be done..........[S

or get antique registration and only drive it on weekends, parades, club events, yada yada...... hmmmmmmmm

Latest posts

Back